Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay customer support is just as bad as Paypal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Merill Guest

Default Ebay customer support is just as bad as Paypal

After 5 calls to eBay customer support and waiting each time for 30 min on hold, they could not find mistake for restricting my account, but nevertheless , my account is still restricted. Ridiculously unprofessional

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Merill View Post
    After 5 calls to eBay customer support and waiting each time for 30 min on hold, they could not find mistake for restricting my account, but nevertheless , my account is still restricted. Ridiculously unprofessional
    ebay owns Paypal so you should not expect anything more from eBay then the crap you get from paypal. My "favorite" is when they blame each other....you are the same company for God's sake!

Unregistered Guest

That is all I get, paypal and eBay blaming each other and it is so frustrating. i have even been on a 3 way call with one rep from ebay one from paypal and me and they still can't figure out why my account is suspended and where my $200 went. All you ever get is "wait 72 hours" and then they are supposed to have an update which they of course never do.

Unregistered Guest

i have a bad experience with ebay, i ordered iphone mother boards for 320$ never got them and the stupid costumer service returned only half of my money because i ask the seller not to mention apple on the package so it wont be stolen, and they don't want to return my money even tho i never got anything at all.

i hate those bastards they trick me and took my money.

MICHELLESFLOWERS+ Guest

Never again, paypal accused a friend of mine she was selling counterfeit items and after numerous emails and phone calls she was proven to be innocent of all their alleged claims. Who the hell do they think they are -Gods of the Finance World, no but full of robots who are script driven and never listen until you get nasty back and tell them to prove their claims against you

Unregistered Guest

I have a long-running support issue on which eBay Tech Support are stonewalling, and it has reached the Escalation Officer. During a long eChat yesterday, I was told that the Escalation Officer is also the Officer In Charge of the Office Of The President, and that this person is therefore the highest authority for escalated matters.
    I am still looking into who outranks this person, as they are unfortunately cooperating in the stonewalling

I strongly agree that ebay customer service is worst than PayPal. Although the companies come together to make profits, they are both just as bad and one being even worst. I order many items from ebay. I can however never get a tracking number for the item being shipped to me, and I can never get an exact date on when they will be arriving to me. Lets not even get me started on their customer service to solve my issues. Can we all agree that you can never get to an actual human, the waiting time is like 1 hour long and you never get in touch to an agent at all. Its just ridiculous.

That's really strange. Are you sure you gave the right information? What was the last item you sold?

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    That's really strange. Are you sure you gave the right information? What was the last item you sold?
    I was wondering this. Maybe you broke the terms and conditions without meaning to?

Quote Originally Posted by Dez97 View Post
    I strongly agree that ebay customer service is worst than PayPal. Although the companies come together to make profits, they are both just as bad and one being even worst. I order many items from ebay. I can however never get a tracking number for the item being shipped to me, and I can never get an exact date on when they will be arriving to me. Lets not even get me started on their customer service to solve my issues. Can we all agree that you can never get to an actual human, the waiting time is like 1 hour long and you never get in touch to an agent at all. Its just ridiculous.
    At least I sometimes speak to English speaking customers service reps when I call Paypal. The eBay reps are obviously outsourced and reading from a script.
    I think it's okay to outsource less important things like customer service for a food company, but when you're dealing with people's money and livelihoods, the reps should be fluent English speakers that can understand the problem and resolve it.