Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paypal is rejecting my debit card

Britney Guest

Default Paypal is rejecting my debit card

I have bought items-4 last week-with my bank debit card. That is all I ever used now after I give my debit card info paypal reject it. Paypal gave a phone number to call and it was disconnected. For over 8 years I never had a problem ordering, on ebay, after I clicked on "I have no Pay Pal". This is costing the seller money...WHYY are they doing this to me?

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Britney View Post
    I have bought items-4 last week-with my bank debit card. That is all I ever used now after I give my debit card info paypal reject it. Paypal gave a phone number to call and it was disconnected. For over 8 years I never had a problem ordering, on ebay, after I clicked on "I have no Pay Pal". This is costing the seller money...WHYY are they doing this to me?
    because they want you to get a paypal account. Paypal has all your payment information on file and are now going to try and strong arm you into getting an account with them. Don't to it!

Ted Guest

customer service is horrible partly because ever time I've called, the representative doesn't speak English or knows the answer to my questions and puts me on hold or I get transferred a million times. Just very confusing after I went from prepaid to the debit card. The backup I have wont work. every time it seems I have a problem.

Travelers like myself have a tough time with debit cards as the bank thinks someone has stole it and this you can't use it. Always no the current status of your debit card.

The worst part comes when you email them about your issue and they just send you a pre-written email with probable solutions which does not help. But for your case I think they want you to open a PayPal account in order to continue using their services.

Did you try contacting your bank? Seems to me that bank's have tightened up on keeping a watchful eye on customer accounts since the Target scandal. Maybe since you have mad 4 purchases already your bank wants to verify? Or sometimes there is a spending limit. For example my husband and I bank with a credit union and we have a daily limit of $800 and a weekend limit of $500 for any POS or debit card purchases. Try contacting someone ate your bank first. I have never heard of PayPal declining a payment because you don't have an account?

I think your bank may have flagged your account thinking that someone stole your account. Try to see if there is a limit on your account and get it lifted. That is so annoying when you're trying to shop it up.

Are you sure your debit card is a Visa or Mastercard, you technically need a credit card to verify a Paypal account but they will accept Debit Mastercards and Visa because they can be used like a Credit card.

Could be for several reasons.

1. Error
    2. Insufficient funds
    3. Your bank has marked it as a suspicious activity

Call the bank and PayPal. They will most likely get it worked out. Sorry to hear that you are trusting PayPal with your money, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by pr0xx1d View Post
    Could be for several reasons.

1. Error
    2. Insufficient funds
    3. Your bank has marked it as a suspicious activity

Call the bank and PayPal. They will most likely get it worked out. Sorry to hear that you are trusting PayPal with your money, my friend.
    This is the best advice. Call your bank first and see if there is any problem with the card. If there is, you know where the problem is coming from. If there is no problem, call Paypal because it's their fault.