Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for class action lawsuit against Paypal

Martinez Guest

Default Looking for class action lawsuit against Paypal

I had a Paypal account- until I decided not to support CORRUPTION & IGNORANCE. Paypal put a "limit" on my account (I was a buyer NEVER a seller) and demanded that I accept THEIR credit card and/or link them to my personal account. EXTORTION ANYONE??? (Apparently they were unhappy w/ the amount of money MY c/c co. was making- and decided to get GREEDY.) When I tried to close the account, online, I was told I had "outstanding balances". THIS IS A LIE. I finally had to phone to get the account closed. It was suggested that I sue Paypal- this has been done successfully MANY TIMES, but do I really want to spend money to FORCE a company that is TOO STUPID to take the money I freely offered, to accept my business??? There are simply TOO many places to buy and TOO many ways to pay online, than to deal w/ this sort of CORRUPTION. If there is a class action lawsuit against Paypal, I would like to added to the list!

Gabrielle227 Guest

I can't find any current class action lawsiuts against paypal. And now with the new user agreement that forbids you to partake in a class action lawsuit I doubt there will be any lawyers wanting to take on paypal.
    Plus it is all in the user agreement (all the things that sucks about paypal) and in order to use paypal we agree to those terms. It's not like someone holding a gun to our heads making us use paypal. We chose it and a bad choice it is.

Unregistered Guest

Paypal robbed me of thousands of dollars. It froze my account and asked me to verify information which was no longer available. Then, after 6 months to a year, it reinstated my account and all the deposits of thousands of dollars was WIPED OUT as though it was NEVER there!!

I want to file a lawsuit (class action) against Paypal. Please help me!

CUT Admin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle227 View Post
    I can't find any current class action lawsiuts against paypal. And now with the new user agreement that forbids you to partake in a class action lawsuit I doubt there will be any lawyers wanting to take on paypal.
    Plus it is all in the user agreement (all the things that sucks about paypal) and in order to use paypal we agree to those terms. It's not like someone holding a gun to our heads making us use paypal. We chose it and a bad choice it is.
    The thing is this User Agreement is null and void if PayPal disregards your businesses terms of service. We have a strict terms agreement on our hosting site and in it if you are caught using our hosting/servers for illegal purposes then your account is terminated without refund. This is agreed to by each and every client when ordering. So this happened a few times and the clients opened and claim with PayPal and we informed them of our LEGAL terms of service and provided ample proof of the illegal activity. PayPal still still gave the refund and effectively said our terms are meaningless so why should we honor their terms? They constantly break the legal terms of service and policies of other sites and businesses making their terms null and void as anything to be taken seriously.

JennieJoeDresses Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CUT Admin View Post
    The thing is this User Agreement is null and void if PayPal disregards your businesses terms of service. We have a strict terms agreement on our hosting site and in it if you are caught using our hosting/servers for illegal purposes then your account is terminated without refund. This is agreed to by each and every client when ordering. So this happened a few times and the clients opened and claim with PayPal and we informed them of our LEGAL terms of service and provided ample proof of the illegal activity. PayPal still still gave the refund and effectively said our terms are meaningless so why should we honor their terms? They constantly break the legal terms of service and policies of other sites and businesses making their terms null and void as anything to be taken seriously.
    that's the thing, with paypal you have no rights as the seller. I have a no return policy ( i make custom orders) yet on 2 occasions paypal has refunded buyers who claimed the item was not as described (in both cases the items were to their exact order and it has been used and after the occasion when it was no longer needed they filed a claim with paypal) I lost both times. It's like paypal is not only the money processor they are also your bad business partner trying to run your business.

Jessie Guest

That stupid new rule about class action lawsuits was their way of trying to stop all the lawsuits they were getting!
    They were ruining people's lives and they hire people outside the country to handle all the calls. They have no customer support system, nothing, their agents are complete and utter retards... NO ONE talks to one another, they're so messed up, they don't trust each other!

I went one step ahead and went to them asking them to 'accept' my website in writing, as it was, and to give me their honest opinion and APPROVAL to use their payment processor on my site as it was. And they DID send me all these letters approving my site but then shortly after, they're back to limiting account!! I called them about 'their' letters and they would turn it back on, but then the next day they're back limiting it!

Finally they just stopped turning it back on, just were total jerks about everything!

Herm Guest

paypal always works for its own benifit, this bullshit company banned me, i asked them what is the reason, the freak paypal guy said its confidential i cannot tell you, paypal decided we can not offer you our service anymore, its crap, PAYPAL SUCKS! i was an old customer and paid alot of money for paypal and still i will say paypal sucks, guys please if read me we should force paypal not to do this, its not fair with us, paypal is bitching around getting our money and we get screwed

Axtelatron44 Guest

Same story as millions of other people....eBay has put a 21-day hold on my funds for no reason. They are earning millions in interest on the funds they hold from their sellers. When will some hotshot lawyer take on these companies? Dozens of small lawsuit have been filed over the years and most have won their cases because there ARE laws (RICO) to protect the public from greedy @#$%& like these. I want to see a huge lawsuit that actually makes them change their policies. I do not care about my money or any settlement from them. I just want their Iranian owner and all of his rich Arab buddies to know that the American public cannot be so abused. That's right....eBay is owned by an Iranian Arabic Muslim. Shocked?

Unregistered Guest

Default How do I join a lawsuit?

After attempting to buy something on line-thru Pay Pal- my purchase was denied by Pay Pal. I had reached their $2000.00 ceiling. Now mind you, I had instantly, every time, paid for all my purchases thru the visa they had on file. My balance was "0". They claimed If I gave them access to my bank account numbers I could resume purchasing. As a graduate of English Literature from the University of Washington I'm duly authorized say: "Fuck That". Who are these assholes? Just opened your site and found out I'm not the only one who's pissed. How do I join a lawsuit?

Steve Guest

Seems like a lot of are looking for a class-action lawsuit to join but is there one out there? Any brave lawyers willing to take on Paypal??? In my case, 30% of every sale is withheld for 90 days, due to my 'bad credit'. I used to have a retail store, lost it in the crash of 2008, and was unable to pay my credit card debt. Now, I am just barely hanging on, trying to do business online and from my home, but this Paypal 'policy' is a real & ongoing handicap. Please let me know about how to join a class-action lawsuit.