Thread: Suspended from ebay, where to sell now?

Randy Guest

Default Suspended from ebay, where to sell now?

Ebay just suspended my account and I am fearing my paypal account is next. That seems to be the way things go with this shit company. Is there any site that is even worth trying when it comes to an ebay alternative? Also it can't be a site that requires me to have a paypal account because I am not risking it with getting my account frozen with money in it so I am looking in to a merchant account as well (any advice on that is appreciated too).

KIllafrank Guest

you can try amazon but their fees are getting out of control for sellers, there is always craigs list but I find that to be a bit of a hassle, google is working on something but I am sure they'll force you to use their payment service google wallet.
    If you don't want to deal with having to follow all these seller sites ridiculous rules you can always try creating your own website (not that hard) and sell your stuff there with a merchant account.

Jobe Guest

Creat a new ebay account if you can, there is no other place like ebay when it comes to getting exposure to buyers. Paypal sucks but at least you don't have to use them anymore with ebay. there are merchant accounts that are ebay compatible now a days. Yay! because paypal is what really sucks about ebay.

willy Guest

You can sell just about anywhere online without having a paypal account. Most merchant accounts you would just link up to the site where you are selling but if your merchant account for any reason isn't compatible you can just email an invoice to the buyer with a pay-now-button so don't think you're done just because you ain't got paypal or ebay anymore.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    You can sell just about anywhere online without having a paypal account. Most merchant accounts you would just link up to the site where you are selling but if your merchant account for any reason isn't compatible you can just email an invoice to the buyer with a pay-now-button so don't think you're done just because you ain't got paypal or ebay anymore.
    So I would be able to sell on Etsy with lets say merchantinc account and email invoices? Because they currently only have Paypal listed an a payment option I believe. And I am not going through the hassle of ever having a paypal account ever again.

Ronnie Guest

I was desperate to find a paypal alternative. I sell on etsy.com and generally sell items between 1-700 dollars each. (taxidermy stuff) I need a company that won't be abusive when I move across the country and attempt to change my new address....(freeze account of course) and will work with me when I go for periods where I don't have an item to sell.

i got a merchant account and now I email invoices with a paynow button, super easy and no paypal needed

You Select "Other" as a payment method. Then indicate which service you use in your Shop Announcement, listings and/or Policy Page. After the buyer has purchased an item using "Other," you simply contact the buyer with instructions and/or an invoice so they can pay you.

New marketplace contender... [URL="toucandealcom."]toucandeal.com[/URL]. Our goal to be complete and open for business is 2 months. As of now, you can register your store and import your ebay items. There are no fees to list, and no monthly fees, just a small fee when items sell. Check out "Why Toucan?" to see the highlights.

Hope to see you there!
    Last edited by toucandeal; 05-30-2015 at 12:36 AM.