Thread: Is a shopping cart required?

Noreen Guest

Default Is a shopping cart required?

do I have to have a shopping cart with a merchant account or can I just place buttons next to my items. i only sell 3 different things so I don't want to be wasting my money on a shopping cart and paypal has pissed me off for the last time holding my money for 3 weeks so I need something other then paypal and was told I should look in to a merchant account

Rokkstar Guest

No you don't need a shopping cart, you can place buy now buttons next to your items that you are selling. If you were to sell numerous different items then a shopping cart would be needed but if you are only selling 3 different products you can pull it off without a shopping cart. There are shopping carts you can get for free as well so you may want to look in to that.

Phil Guest

Not required but does make it easier I think. Like previous poster mentioned there are free basic shopping carts available like cartsquare (that is the one I use) but I am sure there are many more like it.

Dinoegg2637 Guest

you need a merchant account with a shopping cart but you do not need a shopping cart with a merchant account. It all depends on how you are planning on accepting your payments. If you are you looking to sell on eBay you can forgo the shopping cart.

Brad4578 Guest

I use a shopping cart because I think it's easier but it is not something that my merchant service provider dictates if I do or don't. They basically only provide me with the ability to accept payments everything else is whichever way I want it to be and set it up as.