Thread: My Visa Debit card payments are declined by sites/companies which also use PayPal

DianaKicks Guest

Default My Visa Debit card payments are declined by sites/companies which also use PayPal

PayPal emailed me threatening to terminate my account if I did not verify certain details as a defence against fraud. I did not do so, so consequently they must have terminated it. As a result, when attempting to pay companies which let you choose either PayPal or Visa/Mastercard/Amex etc as a means of payment, with my Visa Debit card, the payment is declined. This does not happen with companies which do not use PayPal and is intensely annoying. Can anything be done to rectify this?

Unregistered Guest

ask the issuer of your visa debit card to issue you a new card with a new card number and you should not have that problem anymore

Deb Guest

I have not lost money, but have been blocked from using my Visa to make online purchases. This was imposed by PayPal due to changes in my life that changed my 'vital' numbers; I could not login to PayPal to update these numbers. I've tried calling only to be put on hold. I tried an email which was answered 5 days later with a PayPal webform that I would not go for even if I could login to agree to it! Hope I can efficiently do away w/ PayPal. NOWHERE on their site is there an "Opt-Out" choice. Could this be an 'illegality' within web protocol that could help to deal with the PayPalProblem? Thanks!