Thread: Paypal payments accepted?

cliff Guest

Default Paypal payments accepted?

I am moving away from paypal, to many problems and neveranyone to help ypu. But I was wondering if I can still accept paypal payments if I open up a merchant account? As the majority of my buyers would be paypal users.

Danny Guest

Default PayPal

Word of wisdom... If you had to open a dispute with PayPal about an item you bought on eBay from a seller and that seller agreed to refund you the full amount of your purchase after you filed a dispute with PayPal (it was the wrong item and sent back with tracking number proving it was received) Don't close the dispute till you receive the refund, I made the mistake of closing the dispute after receiving the email from the seller, when I found out no refund coming I re opened the case to investigate with copies of eBay email messaging system to support my claim, their reply was that I closed this claim and it's considered resolved? Whoever was looking at my case apparently didn't bother to look at the emails copies/dates, it's like justifying somebody that just rob you of your money. Anyways I'm closing my Paypal account.

Paulo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cliff View Post
    I am moving away from paypal, to many problems and neveranyone to help ypu. But I was wondering if I can still accept paypal payments if I open up a merchant account? As the majority of my buyers would be paypal users.
    A merchant account is much safer for sellers to use, paypal is just a middleman that controls your access to your money. Most people with a paypal account have a credit or debit card (as paypal requires this) I can't accept paypal payments with my merchant account which is good because I would not want to. Anytime I have dealt with paypal (both as a buyer and seller) there had been problems and a lot of delays in service being provided. That does not happen with my merchant account. I accept, visa, mastercard, discover, amex, giftcards and echecks.

Unregistered Guest

id most of your buyers are paypal users then most of them are probably going to rip you off. buyers have all the power and paypal always side withthem. That is why you as a seller need to stay away from paypal and have your buyers pay you with a debit/credit card instead. Much more protection for you as a seller.

segaman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cliff View Post
    if you are moving away from paypal then move away completely. cut the cord man and be done with them. everyone has a credit or debit card these days and buyers that only insist on paypal does so because they want to get something for nothing.

Unregistered Guest

If you want to accept paypal payments you might as well just stick it out with paypal. I would imagine that you lose your seller protection if you were to accept paypal payments through a different provider then paypal. Not that you have much protection to begin with when using paypal.