Thread: Do I Have a Case?

72clg Guest

Angry Do I Have a Case?

I brought some Ethernet adapters on eBay and when I received them, they were a different model to what the picture in the advert showed. They were by the same manufacture, same speed, but a different model as they didn't have a plug through put which makes them useless to me because I only have a single socket where I want to use them and they dont work in extention leads.

I emailed the seller and he basically said get lost, raise a claim as I donít care. I did this and PayPal asked for proof, so I sent a .pdf document with pictures and writing and links to prove they were different. I then got an email saying that they did not accept pictures and I need to email them with wording on why they are different. I did this and then the case was closed saying I didn't provide details. I've contacted them about 10 times and each time they say they donít accept pictures are proof with no mention of my email with written details, until the last complainant I made where they said I wasn't covered as they were the same item. I've since complained saying that if I was to sell a Apple iPod and put a picture of a Apple iPod Touch and send a Apple iPod Nano what would the difference be as technically they are both Apple iPod's.

I'm getting sick and tired of PayPal and they donít seem to care about the customer or their buyer protection as long as they make money

What can I do next? Can I take them to the small claims court? Is it worth it?

weedluv Guest

they dont care about the seller or the buyer , they just want to hold money whats not there's

nickc25 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 72clg View Post
    I brought some Ethernet adapters on eBay and when I received them, they were a different model to what the picture in the advert showed. They were by the same manufacture, same speed, but a different model as they didn't have a plug through put which makes them useless to me because I only have a single socket where I want to use them and they dont work in extention leads.

I emailed the seller and he basically said get lost, raise a claim as I donít care. I did this and PayPal asked for proof, so I sent a .pdf document with pictures and writing and links to prove they were different. I then got an email saying that they did not accept pictures and I need to email them with wording on why they are different. I did this and then the case was closed saying I didn't provide details. I've contacted them about 10 times and each time they say they donít accept pictures are proof with no mention of my email with written details, until the last complainant I made where they said I wasn't covered as they were the same item. I've since complained saying that if I was to sell a Apple iPod and put a picture of a Apple iPod Touch and send a Apple iPod Nano what would the difference be as technically they are both Apple iPod's.

I'm getting sick and tired of PayPal and they donít seem to care about the customer or their buyer protection as long as they make money

What can I do next? Can I take them to the small claims court? Is it worth it?
    Just call them to appeal. You must not have replied to them in time or must have filed it under something other than a physical item because PayPal ALWAYS sides with the buyers (which is what the problem is with paypal).

Just say you was on holiday or something and they will re open the case. You just need to state that you paid for this type of cable and you got a different type, simple as that.