Thread: star ratings in my shipping speed category lead to suspension

Jasmine Guest

Default star ratings in my shipping speed category lead to suspension

I have been selling on ebay for years and recently had my account suspended out of the blue. When I called and asked why they said I had a total of 8 one or two star ratings in my shipping speed category out of 100's of transactions. I have 100% feedback and I am suspended from ebay for life. It makes no sense. I was notified my account was below standards, but had no idea why. I stopped selling for 6-7 months and was just about to start selling again when out of no where I was suspended. Appaerently it had been below standards too long because of some rogue low stars on shipping time. I l always shipped in the designated handling period. I had tons of items to sell that I needed the income for....now I don't know what to do

refinished Guest

ebay closed account with no notice due to slighly low dsr because they wanted me to offer free p and p (on antiques!)

I'm not suspended for shipping speed but I'm definitely being treated like crap.
    I have 100% positive feedback and high DSR's in almost every category ,except that I recently had 4 low DSRs for shipping speed, so now I don't get to participate in free listing promotional events and my Paypal funds from auctions are held for 1 month.

It's amazing that 1.90% of my customers, 4 people out of 211, can have such a big impact on my selling and how eBay treats me. What about all my other high scores and happy customers? How can 4 people carry so much weight?

Also, those auctions had free shipping. If I'm paying for shipping, why would I use the most expensive fast way? Of course I used Parcel Post because I didn't charge for shipping on those auctions.

It is time to move on and look for ways to sell your products online. Sometimes that is the way things are. It can take sometime to establish yourself on the other merchants but at least you will not be frustrated always.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by mikelouis View Post
    It is time to move on and look for ways to sell your products online. Sometimes that is the way things are. It can take sometime to establish yourself on the other merchants but at least you will not be frustrated always.
    It would be great if there was a real eBay alternative for sellers, but there isn't any other auction site that gets the amount of traffic that eBay does. There are people with stuff sitting in their Bonanza booths that are complaining of not having sold anything in months.

E-bay is a scam website and they suspend sellers and rip off buyers as long as they can, they will find the simplest flaw and reason to suspend your account and to scam buyers and don't return their money.

Quote Originally Posted by opinionguy View Post
    E-bay is a scam website and they suspend sellers and rip off buyers as long as they can, they will find the simplest flaw and reason to suspend your account and to scam buyers and don't return their money.
    Do you actually have an ebay or Paypal account? This sounds like a very generic post that doesn't actually address what OP is talking about.

How does eBay scam buyers? They always find in favor of buyer during disputes, the feedback system is designed so that buyers can never receive negative feedback, and in many disputes, buyers get to keep the item and get a refund. eBay is trying to attract buyers away from sites like Amazon, Overstock and Rakuten. Buyers are not the main ones being scammed.

eBay is not a scam website, they're just really unethical and don't care about the sellers. If they were a scam website, the auctions would be fake.
    But no, it's a real auction site and goods are exchanged.
    eBay is evil and has hurt a lot of people, but they're not a scam site.

OP was saying that ebay's policy of suspending sellers for minor infractions like low shipping DSRs is extreme, and I agree. eBay is being way too hard on sellers who overall have good records.