Thread: Anyone else seen this API error

Unregistered Guest

Default Anyone else seen this API error

Hey everyone,

I signed up with Merchantinc and have everything all good to go with Authorize.net, I put in all the necessary information into ebay to integrate the two. Everything shows up active in ebay with my Authorize.net account, however, everytime I try to post to ebay (while ONLY selecting the credit card option in my listing) I keep receiving this error.

Has anyone ever seen this or come across this before?

"Attention!

In order to use the credit card option you need to have both a valid Internet Merchant account and a payment gateway in place to secure the transactions. To find out more about this please review the information on the following page:

At this time the only compatible gateways for use on eBay are Payflow and Authorize.net. If you are ready to setup your payment gateway you will find instruction under “Setting up a payment gateway for your Internet merchant account” on the following page:

Once you have setup your gateway please contact customer support to make the appropriate adjustments to your account to start accepting credit cards."

The thing is, if I pick the paypal option with the credit card option I am able to list. My feedback is at 8, is it supposed to be higher in order to use Authorize.net only?

I have been searching EVERYWHERE for an answer and just can't find one. Any help is appreciated

Thanks! :-)

NancyIBS Guest

Your feedback rating doesn't matter when you use authorize.net to sell on eBay. I too have merchantinc, for about a year now and I do remember something similar when I was setting it up with ebay. I went through with the set up process one more time and that time it worked for me. Haven't had a problem since. You could always give them a call at merchantinc, they are very helpful over there, unlike paypal.