Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was terminated from Paypal

xxx Guest

Default I was terminated from Paypal

I am a former employee of PayPal. While employed by PayPal My Production lead and his friends, an anti immigration organization, hacked into my phone lines pretending to be customers and brutally abused of me. This went on for over a year. When I spoke to supervisors and John Donahoe the CEO of eBay/PayPal I was terminated from employment. PayPal also refused to pay unemployment benefits on the basis that Unemployment is an entitlement that should only be awarded to white English speaking Americans. That is according to PayPal White bilingual Americans do not qualify.
    Not only do they abuse their users but their employees as well.

mimi Guest

So paypal screw their users and employees. What a company!But somehow they keep increasing their profits, how is this possible?

Gizmo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    So paypal screw their users and employees. What a company!But somehow they keep increasing their profits, how is this possible?
    because suckers like us keep using them.

Unregistered Guest

Default Because

People keep using Paypal because alot of buyers us it. When sellers use Paypal this is when the problems happening. Paypal also sucks fees from both ends. For every transaction I had for $400, they took $11 out for a fee. If I transfered money, that was a fee again. Ebay also takes 8% of every sale. My account was frozen and closed because as a seller I was seen as "suspicious" because I went from selling jewellery to electronics because electronics was making me way more money. I remember that I had about 15 transactions where they took $11 each (which was about $100) and my seller fees from Ebay where 8% equating to about $400. Now, if they did that to every single person, even if they simply charged them $1, they would still be rich. Its not the fact that they make money from big things. Its the millions of small transactions every day that makes them rich.

Sorry to hear your struggles Paypal will burn, every brick and every ounce of martar, burnt black and turn to ashes and dust in their mouths, maybe not physically but financially when Google runs them out of business

What a joke of a company. This honestly boils my blood to hear this shit. They will get what's coming one day. They can count on that.

Quote Originally Posted by xxx View Post
    I am a former employee of PayPal. While employed by PayPal My Production lead and his friends, an anti immigration organization, hacked into my phone lines pretending to be customers and brutally abused of me. This went on for over a year. When I spoke to supervisors and John Donahoe the CEO of eBay/PayPal I was terminated from employment. PayPal also refused to pay unemployment benefits on the basis that Unemployment is an entitlement that should only be awarded to white English speaking Americans. That is according to PayPal White bilingual Americans do not qualify.
    Not only do they abuse their users but their employees as well.
    What an awful thing to do for a loyal employee. I suggest that you should file a case against them in your local court for illegal dismissal and other rights as an employee which was abused in your case. I'm not sure what laws apply but I', pretty sure Illegal Dismissal or Unlawful Termination may apply to your case. You can get moral damages and other awards if you prove that Paypal was the faulty party.

This is simply appalling, sorry to hear about your experiences working for Paypal. Much as we complain about Paypal as a company and about the service we get at times, of course at least some of the employees are good people! Nobody deserves to be discriminated against, abused and then fired as you describe! You need a good lawyer who deals with wrongful termination, and you should be able to get some compensation eventually! Make sure you have as much hard evidence and documentation as possible. Good luck!

This is horrible. Didn't you have an HR manager you would report to? As for that other employee, why not send him/her an email letting them know what a low person they are. Now that you have that extra free time on your hands you might be able to send them a few calls. Kidding. Don't stoop to their level. Find a better job and move on. Best of luck.

That is terrible! Terminating your employment without a good reason is awful, but they should have at least let you claim unemployment.