Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: different funding source

old paypal employee Guest

Default different funding source

paypal will not really inform the customers that the system will use a different funding source like their bank account. most of the customers would like to use their credit card instead. banks will now charge overdraft charges and paypal is taking a credit for that from banks..money strategy..they're working not for the interest of people, but for themselves.

Unregistered Guest

well that explains it. Will be closing my account immediately. Don't have to put up with this crap from paypal. Had 3 NSF charges in the last month because paypal took money from my bank account instead of my credit card

Neil Guest

deducted from bank account when should have form a credit card triggering a insuff fee that my bank is now demanding that I pay. This is paypal's fault not mine and I am not paying. The bank can go after paypal to collect their money.

Fabian_776 Guest

Paypal has the worst customer service. Paypal refuse to set a credit card as a default account, and will do anything to use bank account as the funding source.

Unregistered Guest

Actually those over draft fees and insufficient funds fees are just for the bank, paypal gains nothing on that, get your fact straighten up first. I work in a bank, in case your wondering why I know

Dora Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Actually those over draft fees and insufficient funds fees are just for the bank, paypal gains nothing on that, get your fact straighten up first. I work in a bank, in case your wondering why I know
    But paypal is saving money by taking money directly from a bank account instead of having to pay for the processing fees involved with a credit card so there is a BIG reason they "randomly" change your funding source to bank account instead of a cc and it is to benefit paypal and noone else

Unregistered Guest

Ha ha. Paypal would have a poor time getting money out of my accounts. The only bank account they have listed is for a bank at which I'd closed my accounts (and the bank was bought out so it doesn't exist anymore). And any credit cards I had with my Paypal account have all expired or been closed over the years. (It's a very old Paypal account.)

I keep my Paypal debit card (until 2015 when that expires) and I do collect the odd payment through Paypal. I just "spend" it with the PP debit card, or buy something else with the PP balance.

And I never overspend my PP balance -- THAT would be death to my account because there is no backup funding. As long as I never trigger an event where PP would try to get backup funds, they might never know. Tee hee hee.

Amelia Guest

Ha ha. Paypal would have a poor time getting money out of my accounts. The only bank account they have listed is for a bank at which I'd closed my accounts (and the bank was bought out so it doesn't exist anymore). And any credit cards I had with my Paypal account have all expired or been closed over the years. (It's a very old Paypal account.)

I keep my Paypal debit card (until 2015 when that expires) and I do collect the odd payment through Paypal. I just "spend" it with the PP debit card, or buy something else with the PP balance.

And I never overspend my PP balance -- THAT would be death to my account because there is no backup funding. As long as I never trigger an event where PP would try to get backup funds, they might never know. Tee hee hee.
    this is a good idea and I was doing the same thing and it worked fine until paypal tripple charged me for an item after twice denying the transaction. This DID cause my paypal acc to have insufficient funds and there was no funding source to back it up and my account got limited pending verification and is still limited as I refuse to provide Paypal with this personal information they are asking for. Oh you tripple charged me and now want access to my bank account Hell NO!

Unregistered Guest

paypal keeps taking money from my bank account even though I have my credit card listed as the primary funding source. why is this. It is so frustrating because twice my bank account has over drafted.

Unregistered Guest

paypal keeps taking money from my bank account even though I have my credit card listed as the primary funding source. why is this. It is so frustrating because twice my bank account has over drafted.
    this is because paypal doesn't want to pay the processing fees for your credit card, they save money by taking the money from your bank account instead of your credit card.