Thread: They kept changing the rules

Unregistered Guest

Default They kept changing the rules

I was a powerseller with ebay and I sold almost a million dollars of billiard equipment on ebay. They kept changing the rules and feedback policy until they shut me off. At the time I had almost 200 positive feedback with a 100% feedback rating.

In addition to that ebay and PayPal are in kahoots. PayPal is supposed to be my merchant account as a seller and should work for me. But ebay dictates how they pay me. Because of what ebay lists a a low seller performance in one area they tell PayPal to hold my money until they have confirmation that the item has been delivered. I have NEVER not shipped an item.

I do not have time to go into all the detail of how they have screwed me over and put me out of business but I do want to warn others about using their "service"

Clay Guest

I`ve been permanently banned from Paypal and selling on Ebay due to their stupid policies. I sold hundreds of flash drives, motherboards etc as well as console and computer games from yesteryear. As soon as I started making over 200 a week in profit they screwed me over, said I was selling digital downloads and banned me. A few days later Paypal followed suit. Now they have held onto my money for over six months with no sign of them giving it back.

I cannot sell on ebay without using paypal, and I cannot open a new paypal account as I have tried and they get limited. This has basically put me out of business because the majority of people prefer to use paypal instead of any other payment method - even Google Checkout. Sales from my website has nearly gone to zero because I cannot use Paypal.

Ebay is full of fraudelent sellers, selling hundreds of mame roms, amiga roms, copied windows install disks (sold as restore disks). Ebooks by the thousands, and each seller has managed to go un-noticed for years. Even if I report them, they are still selling months later, ripping people off.

What can I do, it really ****** me off. Rant over, more rant to come.

Jimmy Guest

after being with ebay since 2007, i have a 100% rating, never a problem sold over 70 items costing 1000"s of dollars ebay has decided to put my last transaction on hold for 21 days, i am out postage and not getting my money for 21 days ebay uses this money from comsumers to draw interest and the use of money. there has to be something done about this unfair practice this is not what I signed up for

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    after being with ebay since 2007, i have a 100% rating, never a problem sold over 70 items costing 1000"s of dollars ebay has decided to put my last transaction on hold for 21 days, i am out postage and not getting my money for 21 days ebay uses this money from comsumers to draw interest and the use of money. there has to be something done about this unfair practice this is not what I signed up for
    Did your Detailed Seller Ratings fall below standard? That just happened to me a week ago and my funds are on hold for 21 days too. It's funny that none of my happy customers count, eBay is only interested in the 4 low ratings I got in the past year for shipping speed.

It feels like buyers are treated like royalty and sellers are their servants to abuse and mistreat.

That's what ebay does to both sellers and customers. Stop using their service, that's the best you can do.