Thread: why is the pricing so different

Jesse Guest

Default why is the pricing so different

I have been looking for something to replace paypal with before they put a hold on my funds but I can't figure out why come merchant accounts are $50/month and some are less then $10/month. What's the difference, what should I be looking for?

bluejam Guest

Pure profit my friend. More money in their pockets.
    Be sure when you are looking for an online merchant account that you are set up with both a merchant account and payment gateway. You need both in order to take payments. Some companies only offer one or the other. And be sure they don't have a lengthy contract, that could end up costing you if you had to cancel your account.

Olderandwiser Guest

When I was looking for a merchant account as a back up to paypal I first went to my bank but they wanted to charge me over $55/month plus there was a 3 year contract. I mean I hope I am in business in 3 years but with the economy the way it's now I can't be sure and sure as hell don't wan to be stuck paying penalties for canceling an account I don't need. free-merchant.com offers merchant account for $8 included everything I needed and when I asked if my bank could match it they said that their services was much better...BS I looked it all up and it's the exact same thing..just cheaper. no wonder banks are no longer trusted by so many