Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How paypal makes you pay higher fees

I totally agree that these fees are much too high, we agree that you're running a business, but seriously though, a certain amount of discretion should be observed. Milking your cutomers dry is not the answer.

I noticed that they do have a pretty high fee for a lot of transactions. One site I work for has a 7.5% charge to paypal when you withdraw money. It may not sound like a lot but it brings a $10 payout to nearly $9. It is extremely frustrating!

It really depends on the country you are in. Some people will never see fees being charged, others might see very large fees being charged.
    This is normal because there is a lot more work necessary to do the same things in some countries.

Quote Originally Posted by RobSun View Post
    Paypal has been blocking me refunding to my buyers saying [there are unknown error] and [you refund cannot be processed]. They keep on displaying this until 60 day refund period passed then they will start helping to [reverse] your payment upon your request , without refunding the transaction fees. They keep on charging me excessive fee which they do not deserve to get because they are not even providing basic services!
    So basically what you are saying is they are blocking you're attempt to make your money back and instead keep taking charges on the money that is currently left in stasis, it sounds to me like they are using your account like a farm.

Yes. That is the way paypal accrues and accumulates income, by charging fees that are either unreasonable or excessive to the point of harassing the customer. You should really withdraw all your money and stop using their service if your problem persists. I only use paypal for free and for the purpose of getting money from my work.