Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I get my money?

Joshua Guest

Default How do I get my money?

Can merchant accounts hold money like paypal? And how would I get my money, do I have to transfer it to my bank account or how does it work?
    My paypal account got limited for a second time yesterday so I am looking at other options.

Treasureman Guest

Merchant account do not hold funds as there is no middle account for them to hold the funds in, like a paypal account that is controlled by paypal. With my merchant account I have my money in my checking account in 2 days. Sorry to hear about your paypal account being limited, you should check out free-merchant.com, thats where I got my merchant account and it's been great so far.

Attilah Guest

PAypal suspended my account for some BS reason they never told me so I got a merchant account through my bank but it was costing me over $50/month and when I started looking around there were a lot of cheaper options out there. Be sure to compare both monthly fees, contracts and processing rates. And with most accounts you have the money available in your checking account in 1-3 business days.

Unregistered Guest

$8 a month is all I pay for my merchant account and paypal can kiss my ass. Plus the processing rate is less than what paypal charged me so I am saving 1% on all transactions.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Can merchant accounts hold money like paypal? And how would I get my money, do I have to transfer it to my bank account or how does it work?
    My paypal account got limited for a second time yesterday so I am looking at other options.
    No your money will go directly in to your checking account. Very easy unlike paypal.

ok, this isn't 100% true. Merchant accounts CAN and often DO come with funding delays. You may not realize it or your account may not have one, but many merchant service providers institute a funding delay, especially if your credit was a little shaky when you applied. This is because they don't get paid immediately. The amount of time it takes them to deposit will depend on their own underwriting rules.

No, it's much better than Paypal which can sometimes frezze your funds for months!

I don't have a merchant account. I'm not sure how that works,however I'm sure if you read the companies terms of use agreement it will provide you with the information you're looking for.

why don't you try Alertpay or Payoneer they are good alternatives to Paypal

I haven't heard of a merchant account yet, is that different from a business account? Anyway, how about you try COD or Western Union for a Paypal-free transaction for your business?