Thread: No contract account?

Louann Guest

Default No contract account?

Does anyone know of a merchant account that doesn't involve a lengthy contract. I only need the account from now until after Christmas. I was going to use paypal but it seems a bit too risky for me. I would need to be able to accept payments in person and online as I am doing a number of craft shows for the holiday season. Thanks for any advice.

Gene Guest

[url]www.free-merchant.com[/url] is one provider that has no contracts that I know of so you can cancel that at any time. I know come companies allows you to put a seasonal hold on your accounts as well. That may be easier than having to open up a new account every rear for selling things around Christmas.

Kajt Guest

Default payment gateway

I have a payment gateway account for accepting payments on my site and ebay but now I am being told that I need a merchant account. I don't get it is that not what the payment gateway is? Very confused.

Ryan:-8 Guest

watch out for merchant accounts with long contracts. That could end up being very costly, not only do they charge you a cancellation fee you also have to pay for each month you terminated early. Be sure to ask before you sign up if there is a contract, how long and any cancellation fees. There are plenty of merchant account that don't force you in to contracts so do your homework.

Unregistered Guest

even the worst merchant account is 100 times better then paypal no matter what!

8 months, $5k held hostage and no end in sight. Never ever use paypal.

Kyle123 Guest

Stay away from bank offered merchant accounts! I got suckered in to a 3 year contract and the rates were not competitive at all. I just assumed that as a longtime bank customer it was a good option for me...I was wrong and I am still paying for that merchant account that I no longer need. Find a non contract account there are plenty out there but I found out too late.

carroll Guest

merchantinc is working great for me. No contract and fees are reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    [url]www.free-merchant.com[/url] is one provider that has no contracts that I know of so you can cancel that at any time. I know come companies allows you to put a seasonal hold on your accounts as well. That may be easier than having to open up a new account every rear for selling things around Christmas.
    If this one is still around, I can vouch for it. Great website and awesome contractless deal for merchants.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

I think there is one that is being advertised on the every post here. Just click on the link in the posts that says "click here for out paypal alternative"
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]