Thread: Do I need multiple accounts

JumanjiFlex Guest

Default Do I need multiple accounts

I am currently using paypal to receive payments on my 3 websites and I really hate them and the 21 day hold that they have on my money but expect me to ship out my product without getting paid.
    If I were to get a merchant account would I have to get a merchant account for each of my websites of could I use the same account for all three sites? Also I had a bankruptcy 2 years ago will that be a problem? It's been closed.

foster Guest

If you are selling totally different items like for example one site sells hair care, the other site sells auto parts and the third site offers online tech support then you would have to get three separate merchant accounts but if what you are selling is in the same category then all you need is one merchant account. I don't think you have to worry about a bankruptcy as long as it's been closed you should be good to go.

JumanjiFlex Guest

I have one site where I sell hair extensions and wigs, one site where I am selling cosmetics and beauty products and I am in the process of -re-launching my 3rd site where I will be selling beauty supplements for hair, skin and nails.

How is it that paypal is allowed to hold my funds for 21 days? Will the same thing happen if I get a merchant account? Some of my items I drop ship so I need to get my money within 3 days to pay my supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by JumanjiFlex View Post
    I have one site where I sell hair extensions and wigs, one site where I am selling cosmetics and beauty products and I am in the process of -re-launching my 3rd site where I will be selling beauty supplements for hair, skin and nails.

How is it that paypal is allowed to hold my funds for 21 days? Will the same thing happen if I get a merchant account? Some of my items I drop ship so I need to get my money within 3 days to pay my supplier.
    There are merchant account providers who do not mind bankruptcies, but you have to ask before applying. I had a repo, BK, and a whopping $15 to my name when I switched merchant account providers and I was still approved. I would suggest keeping the business name and banking info all the same for your websites that way you can keep the related products under one account. Paypal can hold funds for as long as they please because you are processing through their account – it isn’t your own. They make the rules and “we” have no choice but to obey. Look into alternatives, you’ll be glad you did.