Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horrible lack of customer support

USUKman Guest

Default Horrible lack of customer support

I live in the US but registered my paypal account in the UK. Apparently one can't have both an American credit card and a British one, and in trying to contact this confounded website to explain to them their ineptitude, I found it impossible to reach a human being. I have rarely been so infuriated by a company's blatant disregard for customer service or sensible policy

sofia Guest

The only thing I can tell you is that it's only going to get worse if you continue to using paypal. Their customer support is horrid and most of the time you can't even get a live person to talk to. Your only option is an automated chatbot for help and she's not helpful at all. There are so many alternatives to paypal now a days so take your business elsewhere where you are a bit more appreciated. And trust me paypal won't care one bit.

Jose Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sofia View Post
    The only thing I can tell you is that it's only going to get worse if you continue to using paypal. Their customer support is horrid and most of the time you can't even get a live person to talk to. Your only option is an automated chatbot for help and she's not helpful at all. There are so many alternatives to paypal now a days so take your business elsewhere where you are a bit more appreciated. And trust me paypal won't care one bit.
    That is so true; paypal doesn't care if you stay or go. So many companies now a days have a retention department (ever tried to cancel with AT&T? they'll pay your bill just to keep you as a customer, DISH network same thing) but with paypal you get kicked out rather then retained. They close your account for no reason and on the phone, if you can find their number, they are rude and blame you for anything that is wrong. What happened to the Customer is always right?

Unregistered Guest

OMG i am about to explode, I have been on hold for over 45 minutes now waiting for a supervisor because the little fart that was "assisting" me couldn't do squat, just reading some random answers from a computer. My funds are on hold and I need them released now since I have to pay my supplier. While I have been siting here on hold (48 minutes now) I started looking up paypal customer service problems and WOW there's a lot of that. All I can say is that they better not hang up on me because going through all the prompts again might push me over the edge.

Stanly Guest

I myself an not familiar with twitter but I have heard about people having luck with getting help via twitter with paypal questions. I assume you have to tweet to paypal about your problem and then they help you. For the young ones out there it may be worth a try. I myself am stuck on the phone for now.

Emilio Guest

Bought a prepaid paypal debit card for $5, added a couple hundred dollars.. go to activate the card and they say they are transferring me to customer service..click.. they hang up before it could even ring. same thing happened 2 more times, still not able to activate card

Tony Guest

Paypal sucks bad. Horrible service, horrible customer service.

Complete idiots running the verification process.

They gave me 45 days to verify my account. I have sent countless documents trying to verify my business and address. They mixed everything up and now they are trying to verify my business address as my personal address. But now the submit screen is locked so I can't submit additional documents for my personal address.

Now my account is locked and I can't receive money. Horrible, terrible service!!! paypal sucks!

Unregistered Guest

They blocked my account and after an argument i had with one of the customer support agents they announced they are going to close the paypal account for false reasons.

Josef Guest

I have been a verified paypal member since paypal started, today my transaction is UNDER REVIEW, try to call pay pal customer service and get a complete runaround from untrained underpaid morons. they will not give pay pal corporate #, they just read off a screen like robots, stupid robots. stay away from paypal, they are a joke, and their customer service is worse than ATT, a complete waste of time. Pay pal can kiss my ass!

very unhappy customer Guest

On the 4 of February I spent almost two hours trying to contact PayPal was put on hold and some one did answer but could not understand her she could not speak English that could be understood.I have a problem wit PayPal as they have given back the buyer his money and I have a letter from the US Postal Dept. that it was received I have lost 442.73 and this is not accecptable Pay Pal cannot be contacted so what is a customer to do.