Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paypal is not helping me close my account

That is so unfair! They should definitely let you close your account easily. Have you checked the FAQ on the site to see how to close the account? It says that you can, but that it can't be reopened.

Quote Originally Posted by cpefley View Post
    That is so unfair! They should definitely let you close your account easily. Have you checked the FAQ on the site to see how to close the account? It says that you can, but that it can't be reopened.
    It's not fair at all. They dont do stuff easy. What they should do is call paypal up and try to hassle with them to close the account if they can't they should then just take all info off the account and just leave the account untouched.

That is a great idea. I would definitely do that if they refused to close my account. Just make it inactive. It is too bad that someone would have to go to so much trouble to disable their account though.

At times I've totally stop looking to Paypal to help close an account of mine. I just create other accounts and do what I need to do that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Teah G View Post
    all i wanted to do is delete my account that i only had open for less than an hour,because it didnt do what i needed it to, and i couldnt put money on a pre-paid card that was already active for my son so he could have only $20 dollars for gas to get my grandchildren from school. it didnt do what it said it would or could and every1 knows you DO NOT give out your ssi number on line!!! all i wanted was something simple and couldn't even do that and n being so far away its really hard to just drive or fly across the states to give him a simple $20 0n a pre-paid master card but now paypal is not letting me delete my information and I have called and emailed them but nothing is being done to help me.
    If I am correct, that is incredibly illegal, they have no choice but to remove your details from their database, if you want to close your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Palpals View Post
    At times I've totally stop looking to Paypal to help close an account of mine. I just create other accounts and do what I need to do that way.
    Agree with this. There are some companies where it's just better to sort things out yourselves. But now, I always use companies with exceptional customer service, even if the price is a lot higher.