Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PayPal stole my $57,000 - I want to sue

I guess it depends, in part, on whether or not PayPal is considered a registered business in your country. If it is then filing a lawsuit should be pretty much straightforward (not saying it's easy to win, just saying it's possible to sue them easily). If not, then you should seek legal advice regarding international issues.

That is a very long and sad story. I can't believe how much money you lost! I hope that you can find grounds to sue Paypal. because that is ridiculous! I'm sure they have ripped people off for millions.

With this kind of money at stake and your business, you need to get a lawyer. The only way you can get your money back is to get them in court. Have you tried calling them again? Their grounds for holding your funds are ridiculous.

Default PayPal always treats their customers like trash.

PayPal always treats their customers like trash. They always think people are constantly committing fraud. Instead of them having to prove that you did, it seems like people are always having to prove to them that they didn't commit fraud. It's all backwards. I thought this was America, innocent until proven guilty. Apparently not in the fantasy land called PayPal.
    Last edited by nowicki2013; 01-27-2014 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Extra word not needed.

This is awful, and I feel for you, I definitely think there's grounds for you to sue, here I think you should speak to a lawyer and find out what legal action you can take...

Do you have an extradition treaty with U.S. or wherever the main office of paypal is located? If your country (Europe) has extradition treaties with the offending country then you could get jurisdiction over that company which is in the country. You have to have jurisdiction over it in order for you to sue and claim damages.

Default PayPal

Wow! That's just crazy. How can they justify basically stealing that amount of money with no decent explanation. Especially if you have a good track record with your account.

Can someone explain how this is even legal?

I would see if you have a financial ombudsman that you can contact about it. If not for that amount of money I would seek legal advice.

Default you need to contact your bank immediately

You need to contact your Bank Immediately and move any existing funds in a checking/savings account that is linked to this paypal account into a new account number... otherwise Paypal could start pulling money out of your bank account to fund the paypal account once the flood of charge backs comes in due to you not being able to fill orders because they are freezing your funds.

next Read this FAQ entirely ... note #14 "can paypal hold my funds forever?
    [url=http://www.screw-paypal.com/faq.html]PayPal Problem Answers[/url]

You need to talk to an Attorney... Problem is you will *NOT* Be able to "sue them" if you do get in front of a judge paypal will say "Your Honor the customer (You) is violating the terms of our legal contract requiring "binding arbitration.." we request the case not only be dismissed but (you) pay us an additional $10,000 for our legal fees, as per the terms of the contract. - have your attorney review the paypal user agreement carefully..

You need to get another source of Funding.. Home loan, go to a loan shark etc.. sell a Kidney ..don't care.. but you *MUST* Fill all the outstanding orders.. (I believe you said you've have 3 complaints from customers in the last month) if your lucky... the funds will be held for the next 180days.. then released, this is to ensure your sales business isn't a pyramid scheme (where new buyers (or sales $$$) are being used to fund the purchase of goods to fulfill existing sales orders and you have no actual inventory) paypal may request copies of wholesale invoices etc.

Worst Case Scenario.. once you can't meet orders because your funds are "frozen" & charge backs happen.. then the $500 fines occur for "each violation" which could leave you with a negative balance.. then paypal starts pulling $$$ out of your linked checking account.. let's say.. you still have a positive balance but they decide to "hold the funds" beyond the 180days.. "indefinite suspension" you walk away from the account (don't login to paypal for 2years.. the account becomes "abandoned" the funds are turned over to your local state Govt "abandoned accounts/lost property dept" you file a claim.. they send you a check..

you think this is a joke? something similar happened to me but it was $2000 & took 4years to get it back..

Default oh my

Oh my that is very serious, well I hope for your sake that they have released your funds so you can keep your business afloat, I do believe what they are doing is called by 99% of the people of the world is "theft", just they are hiding behind some manner of legal wall, in which they believe they can't be touched.

My advise to you is to go to the courts about this and have them forced to pay you back, because that is actually really quite ridiculous that they think, that they can just do what they want, and incredibly unprofessional of them to have handled the issue in the manner that they did.

I honestly all is well with your business, blooming paypal.

Sorry about your loss. 57,000 dollars is an insane amount of money. Perhaps you can seek help from the local authorities? Politicians are entitled to help the local community, plus it offers free publicity as well, they will be more than happy to help.