Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merchant account with eBay

nancy Guest

Default Merchant account with eBay

I've been looking to start using a merchant account instead of paypal for my ebay sales and I just wanted to know if all merchant accounts works with ebay or how do I find out which ones does. Is there something specific that I should be looking for when I shop around? This is all very new and overwhelming to me but I am just sick and tired of being mistreated by PayPal.

almightamras Guest

There are a few different companies that work with EBay. I too sell on EBay and refuse to use payapl. I did some research and found Merchantinc. They had the best prices in the industry and were the easiest application process. Took me 2 days to have my account up and running

nancy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by almightamras View Post
    There are a few different companies that work with EBay. I too sell on EBay and refuse to use payapl. I did some research and found Merchantinc. They had the best prices in the industry and were the easiest application process. Took me 2 days to have my account up and running
    But how do I know which merchant account companies that are compatible with ebay? Why are not all merchant accounts compatible with eBay? I have never had a merchant account so it is all very new to me. I looked at merchantinc and it does look very promising but I would still like to find a few other ebay compatible merchant account companies so I can do my own comparison. I just don't want a whole paypal situation again.

Ricardo Ramos Guest

I'm not sure how many companies out there are compatible with Ebay but I do know the company I went with is. I am using merchantinc for my Ebay sales and let me tell you how great it has been. There are no holds on my funds, no limitations and I get my money within 2 business days. Plus their fees are the lowest I could find.

slimslick Guest

I'm sure there are a lot of companies that are compatible with EBay. I am with a company now and using Ebay and it is working out great for me. I just googled PayPal alternative and did some research and found the company that was best suitable for my business needs

GaryKahuna Guest

eBay are such sleazeballs and try to force-feed paypal to you like it's the only option if you want to sell on their site. You do know that eBay owns paypal right?
    I got a merchant account to use for my eBay sales and then ebay tried to give me a hard time about it saying they needed to see my "statements". I called my merchant account company (yes they answered right away and were helpful unlike paypal) and they took care of it for me, telling me eBay will do this sometimes to try and bully people in to going back to using paypal. But trust me once you get rid f paypal you'll never look back.

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Merchant account with eBay

That is best idea to open up your merchant account.Do not worry about the compatibility. Contact an online service provider they will give you the exact details according to your need and the site you are selling on.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That is best idea to open up your merchant account.Do not worry about the compatibility. Contact an online service provider they will give you the exact details according to your need and the site you are selling on.
    well if its not a payment gateway (virtual terminal) that is compatible with ebay then it is something that you have to worry about so just look for a eBay compatible merchant account rather then getting one that you wouldn't be able to use.

212bizwiz Guest

free-merchant.com offers eBay compatible merchant accounts for only 7.95/month I havent signed up yet but it looks promising, will do some more research first. Figured that anything is better then paypal.

ahsnad Guest

How would you set up the merchant account with ebay? I thought you had to accept paypal to sell on eBay?