Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buy Now Button

pepper Guest

Default Buy Now Button

I currently have a paypal account that I would love to get rid of. I hate them with passion but I do really like the Buy Now Button. Do merchant accounts have the same ability to provide me with this button?

Kidz4less Guest

I was with paypal for 2 years selling baby feeding bottles using their buy now button, then they froze my account which more or less shut my business down. Frantically I looked for another way to be able to accept payments on ebay and got a merchant account through free merchant which offers the same kind of Buy now button that paypal has so no need to stick it out with paypal.

Ricky Simonson Guest

Yes you can still have a buy now button without dealing with paypal. Ebay makes it look like paypal is the number one solution when it comes to payment processing but there are other options. All paypal really does is approve and decline the card, everything else is a matter of the shopping card or hosting site itself. I learned the ropes by necessity after paypal shut down my account. It takes a minute to absorb it all but the place I went to had super friendly reps that held my hand through the process. Look around for alternatives, trust me you’ll be happy you did.

Reggie Guest

I have a merchant account that i use to collect payments for contracting work I do and I email my customers an invoice that has a pay now button in it for them to just click and submit a payment once the work is done.

Dawn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
    I have a merchant account that i use to collect payments for contracting work I do and I email my customers an invoice that has a pay now button in it for them to just click and submit a payment once the work is done.
    Waht would I need If I wanted to set up something like this to email invoices? Is it expensive?

Reggie1 Guest

Hey Dawn, I signed up with one of the recommended alternatives I found on this site and everything was included in the price. I use the shopping cart to create an invoice with a pay now button and then just email it to my customer for them to submit payment by clicking on the pay now button in the email. It is not expensive at all about 8 bucks a month plus your processing fees.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    I currently have a paypal account that I would love to get rid of. I hate them with passion but I do really like the Buy Now Button. Do merchant accounts have the same ability to provide me with this button?
    I would say it depends on what merchant account provider you go with so be sure to ask first.

Unregistered Guest

I got a merchant account through free-merchant because I wanted the pay now buttons and I had seen they were available with authorize.net with something called simple check out but authorize.net was a bit to expensive for me and then I found out that it is the same virtual terminal that free merchant uses for a third of the monthly fee and no set up fee. Can't beat that.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I got a merchant account through free-merchant because I wanted the pay now buttons and I had seen they were available with authorize.net with something called simple check out but authorize.net was a bit to expensive for me and then I found out that it is the same virtual terminal that free merchant uses for a third of the monthly fee and no set up fee. Can't beat that.
    Thanks for the tip, just signed up with them and am waiting for my set up info. was it hard to set up the buttons or simple html codes?

geodesign Guest

To set up the buttons, you simply enter item information such as an item description and price into the Authorize.Net Merchant Interface an HTML code is then generated automatically, which you can copy and paste into your Web site. That's it.