Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving on up

Paypal will continue to expand until they simply can't anymore. I know that a lot of people think that this company isn't regulated because it isn't a bank, but that's not 100% true. They are a financial institution, though not a bank, so there are regulations they have to abide by. It's not as stringent as a bank, but a lot more stringent than most people think. And, as a company expands, there is more and more government oversight that happens, so at some point Paypal will no longer be able to grow without having to report every single step to the Feds. Their expansion is creating jobs for folks, though a lot of those jobs go overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Smith View Post
    As if I needed another reason to hate BostonÖ It looks like Paypal just signed a lengthy and pricey lease in Bostonís financial district. They acquired yet another company renamed it and they are looking to grow. This news makes me feel like they are never going away. While I am happy that this could boost job ratings and the local economy, I hate that itís helping paypal expand. I was a loyal user for 11 years and they treated me like last nights mushy meatloaf. Maybe with the 65,000 square feet of office space they can create a space for educating their staff on customer service and retention.
    As much as we all hope that they would actually teach their customer reps to be nicer and more courteous the very fact is that they don't care, they never will and sadly we will have to just put up with it, until they reach a state in which they have no wiggle room and get shut down by the local government for abusing their powers.

Maybe if they will expand, the customer support will have a higher quality. It makes sense to me.

As if I needed another reason to hate BostonÖ It looks like Paypal just signed a lengthy and pricey lease in Bostonís financial district. They acquired yet another company renamed it and they are looking to grow. This news makes me feel like they are never going away. While I am happy that this could boost job ratings and the local economy, I hate that itís helping paypal expand. I was a loyal user for 11 years and they treated me like last nights mushy meatloaf. Maybe with the 65,000 square feet of office space they can create a space for educating their staff on customer service and retention.
    Actually the people who answer on customer service hotlines are not really their employees. They are people who are outsourced from different countries which is really sad since they have nothing to do with the company.

PayPal are the Mcdonalds of the financial world. They are cocky as hell and RUDE as all hell too. They should learn to treat customers better...
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

That occurred to me as I was writing another post regarding PayPal's customer service and whether or not they even care about keeping their customers. I don't understand their thinking as far as expansion either, especially when they can't keep the customer's they have now happy!

So PayPal is trying to move into other forms of business. They see it coming that one day they will not be the only ones offering the online transactions as the niche is becoing saturated.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

Well, whatever other businesses they move in I seriously hope they NEVER have the chance to grow as big as PayPal is. As for the market being saturated, they still have the eBay trump card up their sleeve.

I'm curious what happened that made you so mad at them? Could you elaborate on what happened? Did they close your account? Did you lose money because of them or did they block your account?

Please elaborate if possible.

PayPal, like many other corporations, is constantly expanding and growing. They are what they are which is a large multinational corporation. Things will not always go right for them but that is the cost of doing business for them.