Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving on up

Gary Smith Guest

Cool Moving on up

As if I needed another reason to hate BostonÖ It looks like Paypal just signed a lengthy and pricey lease in Bostonís financial district. They acquired yet another company renamed it and they are looking to grow. This news makes me feel like they are never going away. While I am happy that this could boost job ratings and the local economy, I hate that itís helping paypal expand. I was a loyal user for 11 years and they treated me like last nights mushy meatloaf. Maybe with the 65,000 square feet of office space they can create a space for educating their staff on customer service and retention.

Simple Chuck Guest

I hate paypal as much as the next guy but Iíll go on and play devils advocate hereÖ What if them expanding isnít such a bad thing? Iíve been unemployed for 18 months and things donít seem to be getting any better. There are no decent prospects out there for a middle aged, uneducated, factory worker such as myself. I think if they are expanding and theyíd be willing to take on new employees and offer plenty of entry level opening with training it might not be a bad thing. But then again its paypal were talking about so they will probably bring in their own experienced staff and outsource the easy crap to other countries.

Shelly Guest

Why the hell is this company allowed to keep expanding when they screw over so many people. Why does the government allow this. I understand the economy is bad and there isn't much work out there but it would be a cold day in hell before I worked for a company the will bend you over and F%% you every which way possible.

1988 Guest

paypal has way too much control over far too many businesses without having any oversight or regulatory agency in place to govern it.

One example is how they limit your account when you have higher then average sales. Isn't this a good thing that business' are growing. Who is paypal to put a stop to this?!

"PayPal says it has seen cases where this is a sign that a person is about to go bankrupt and is selling off all of his possessions ó possibly before fleeing the country." (NYT article)

Are you kidding me PayPal, you limit accounts because you fear people are going to flee the country? Really?? How is this company still in business?

Unbelievable!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Why the hell is this company allowed to keep expanding when they screw over so many people. Why does the government allow this. I understand the economy is bad and there isn't much work out there but it would be a cold day in hell before I worked for a company the will bend you over and F%% you every which way possible.
    The government will allow anything that makes money. Why do you think the government does not stop people smoking even though it causes lung cancer? Because it is making them trillions of dollars. But instead they just put all of the Quit Smoking ads on tv in an effort to say that "hey, at least we are trying" Paypal is like lung cancer, it is making the government rich and it keeps spreading. Maybe in the future the government will investigate into investiaging them. They will probably only tax them even further or place restrictions on them in a way to make more money, hiking up Paypals fees once again, just like a packet of smokes after years and years of taxing. I am a non-smoker by the way.

Default Sounds Like Bad News

Hearing about PayPal expanding sounds like bad news to me. PayPal is bad enough and it seems like nine times out of ten when any company expands, everything gets better for the company and everything gets worse for the customer. I guess we'll have to wait and see if this holds true, I hope that I'm wrong on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by nowicki2013 View Post
    Hearing about PayPal expanding sounds like bad news to me. PayPal is bad enough and it seems like nine times out of ten when any company expands, everything gets better for the company and everything gets worse for the customer. I guess we'll have to wait and see if this holds true, I hope that I'm wrong on this one.
    You got to think on the other end or ends you wouldn't normally think. Who's to say a person names Joe was screwed over 4 months ago a job at paypal for customer service rep and such opens up in his home town he applies and gets the job BOOM they now have a decent person. Now imagine if they expand then so do those chances. Along with that they might inevitably get decent customer service.

Well look at it this way, atleast now there is a physical location where you an march to and yell at, instead of people thousands of miles away in another country who can hardly understand you...

haha they will keep expanding because there is no alternative to it! its quite sad to see a world that is dominated by basically one form of virtual currency. sure bitcoins are great but you could buy a tv with your bitcoins one day and the next it raises by 40 dollars leaving you out thousands! paypal will not be going away regardless of the widescale general negative rating

Instead of arguing and hoping Paypal will go away (which it never will), we could try to help the people who are scammed without Paypal having anything to do with it.

Paypal will never go away. They make too much profit because they are the only company who does what they do and they do it incredibly well.
    It's normal to have 10 people every day who are not satisfied if you have over a billion transactions every day.