Thread: Collections threat

PunkProperty Guest

Default Collections threat

Let me start off by saying that I am fed up with paypal and the awful support system that theyíve got in place. I worked with them for about 11 months (which I know isnít a whole lot of time) and they screwed me big time. Long story short I was in the red to the tune of $385. They think they got one over on my but they didnít because I closed my checking and credit card accounts so they couldnít go after me. I have a merchant account now but two weeks ago I get a phone call from Account Solutions Group based out of Buffalo NY saying my debt has been sold to them. What the heck, can paypal even put you in collections for money that was MINE to begin with? I didnít buy anything from them nor did they give me anything that I paid for. Money from items I sold were held then removed form my account. Has anyone dealt with this before? I want to tell this company to GFY but I donít want to ruin my credit in the process.

If you don't owe this money you should NOT pay it. Paypal may have sent what they consider debt to a collection agency but that does not mean you have to pay. First off; if they do call again tell them that you do not owe this debt and for them to stop calling you and harassing you. If this continues request that they verify the debt. This had to be done in writing but is not difficult at all. There are even pre written letters that you can use for this. Also ask them to Notify the you of your right to dispute the debt

Most important is to know your rights; Fair Debt Collection Practices Act

Yulissa Martinez Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ProXI11 View Post
    If you don't owe this money you should NOT pay it. Paypal may have sent what they consider debt to a collection agency but that does not mean you have to pay. First off; if they do call again tell them that you do not owe this debt and for them to stop calling you and harassing you. If this continues request that they verify the debt. This had to be done in writing but is not difficult at all. There are even pre written letters that you can use for this. Also ask them to Notify the you of your right to dispute the debt

Most important is to know your rights; Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
    I 100% agree if you didnít do the crime, donít pay the time! In this case, you donít really owe them anything and Iíd call their bluff. You did the right thing by limiting all access they have to your accounts Ė I wish I would have done the same. Get names and numbers from this debt collector and raise hell. Iím so sick of paypal shoving their way around, ruining peopleís financial lives. They have some nerve!

Kaylee Guest

I agree with the comments above. Why should you have to pay for something you didn't do. I would get names and numbers of all the people harassing you and go after them. Paypal stole your money not the other way around.