Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Blowing the whistle on Stupid paypal users

  1. #1

    Default Blowing the whistle on Stupid paypal users

    It is interesting how misinformed you are. Lesson one. PayPal is not a bank, so is not subject to "banking laws" as you phrased. Lesson 2. Developing a hatred for a company because you choose to ignore the agreement that you ticked the box on and accepted is a "you" issue, not a PayPal issue. Like any company there are growing pains, and you take it out on individual employees by name? Quite childish. I have been a customer and merchant for many years and have never had a single issue. In fact, they have helped me grow my business and have always been wonderful to deal with. Reading through your FAQs are laughable, and obviously made up stories. You reference many one-offs that you could deal with at Walmart just as easily as with PayPal. Thank you for making me laugh!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    101

    Default

    I agree, Paypal is not a financial institution, but it is a multi billion dollar business. This business does some shady things and it needs to be reported to the BBB and FTC. They have ruined a lot of people's businesses and I am glad that sites like this exist so their dirty laundry can be aired out.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Bay City, MI
    Posts
    83

    Default Wow

    First of all, it's pretty unprofessional to call PayPal customers "stupid". Second of all, I don't know why you're sticking up for PayPal so much, it's not like they're paying you any extra to do so. Just wait until they start downsizing because Obamacare and they give you the axe. I doubt you'll still be sticking up for them, you'll be complaining about them like the rest of us. Finally, you should grow up and have respect PayPal customers, if it wasn't for them you wouldn't have a job to go to.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boricapr View Post
    It is interesting how misinformed you are. Lesson one. PayPal is not a bank, so is not subject to "banking laws" as you phrased. Lesson 2. Developing a hatred for a company because you choose to ignore the agreement that you ticked the box on and accepted is a "you" issue, not a PayPal issue. Like any company there are growing pains, and you take it out on individual employees by name? Quite childish. I have been a customer and merchant for many years and have never had a single issue. In fact, they have helped me grow my business and have always been wonderful to deal with. Reading through your FAQs are laughable, and obviously made up stories. You reference many one-offs that you could deal with at Walmart just as easily as with PayPal. Thank you for making me laugh!
    I dont agree with you. PayPal is a big institution but it is nto flawless or good to its customers. Unfortunately PayPal is only here to make money and like any big company it will make money and not do what its supposed to do if it can get away with it. (not helping out sellers on ebay etc.)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    I dont agree with you. PayPal is a big institution but it is nto flawless or good to its customers. Unfortunately PayPal is only here to make money and like any big company it will make money and not do what its supposed to do if it can get away with it. (not helping out sellers on ebay etc.)
    This is exactly true, all that matters is that at the end of the day they get there money and that's all. People are sort of forced to use them so we get "screwed" in the sense of that they don't have to provide good support or such since we have to pay them anyway

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    151

    Default

    I do think we have to put blame where blame is due. In a lot of cases, PayPal is wrong. In a lot of other cases, however, users are wrong. It's best to follow the rules, not scam anyone and read the terms of service so that you know what you are supposed to do. If you follow all of those rules, your chances of getting "screwed over" by PayPal will be greatly reduced. That doesn't mean that you're immune to getting screwed, though; that's for sure.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elle_kay View Post
    I do think we have to put blame where blame is due. In a lot of cases, PayPal is wrong. In a lot of other cases, however, users are wrong. It's best to follow the rules, not scam anyone and read the terms of service so that you know what you are supposed to do. If you follow all of those rules, your chances of getting "screwed over" by PayPal will be greatly reduced. That doesn't mean that you're immune to getting screwed, though; that's for sure.
    You actually are not having you chances "reduced" if anything they remain the same as you see majority of these people here are scammed and they are the seller. Ever realize how easy it is to scam a buyer due to there heavy biased buyer protection. Even if you provide all the info needed, the tracking info, signature on receiving. Yea we still get screwed. Maybe just maybe some could be our fault but even if it is because a person went though a trade off of ebay for example doesn't change much..

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Thats great, but just because you've never experienced an issue (which I find hard to believe) doesn't mean you're the general concensus, you could be the exception.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    151

    Default

    If I was a merchant, I would definitely be cautious about shipping things out of the country. That is one thing that I've seen a lot of people have problems with. Things can happen at customs, etc. It can take a long time for items to arrive (which is out of your control) and can cause the buyer to file a dispute. Tracking is also much more difficult when shipping overseas, and honestly, there are a lot of buyers over there who have no intention of paying in the first place. Although it might cut down on your market, it might also cut down on your problems if you choose to only ship within your own country.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    I dont agree with you. PayPal is a big institution but it is nto flawless or good to its customers. Unfortunately PayPal is only here to make money and like any big company it will make money and not do what its supposed to do if it can get away with it. (not helping out sellers on ebay etc.)
    They try to help but with the world full of scammers, it's not easy to determine who is lying. They already do a huge amount of work in stopping scammers before they can even start but that is something nobody ever sees.
    I think they are doing a great job and I love paying with Paypal.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •