I am looking to make a switch that can switch on and off anything plugged into a 110vac 15amp wall plug. The switch will interrupt the smaller (hot) pin. I need to know if I need to use 14 gauge (15 amp) wire since it could be used for anything or can I get away with a smaller profile 16 gauge or 18 gauge wire>