Thread: Bigger and better

BearHugsXoXo Guest

Default Bigger and better

I have a family member who works for paypal. They recently had a staff email go out regarding big changes on the horizon with the new CEO. The big dogs are currently going through a complete makeover, they want to restructure the company to support a more mobile and retail theme. They bottom line is they are #1 for a reason, they have more than 100 million customers and they want to keep it that way. Designers recently tweaked the homepage to make it more consumer-friendly, heck even my grandma knows how to use it. They cleaned house eliminating countless unused pages which resulted in faster loading time. This all spells out a positive shift in their business practices. I understand a lot of people who come on this page have nothing but doom and gloom to say about the company but really, they arenít all that bad. Itís hard to manage accounts on such a high level so it takes time to work out bugs and address issues on a mass scale. Keep your eye on this company, they arenít going anywhere anytime soon!

Unregistered Guest

Does their makeover include real customer service agents and lucid policies? Iím sorry but there is nothing you or your paypal employee relative can do or say to make me trust paypal ever again. The true reason they are number one is because they keep acquiring/merging with big names like Ebay and Bill Me Later. Kinda like facebook and instagramÖ Most people hadnít heard of instraram until facebook bought them out, now everyone uses them. Their popularity is a direct result of society being made up of blind little sheep following whoeverís name is biggest. I understand you cant make everyone happy and I donít expect paypal to try to do that but I do expect them not to steal and hold funds, I donít think that is too much to ask. Out of the millions of users they have, I happen to be one who was burned by their scams and it left me in a financial hole that Iím still trying to dig myself out of. So excuse me if I donít choose to celebrate in their new CEOís position and ďbig changesĒ

Quote Originally Posted by BearHugsXoXo View Post
    I have a family member who works for paypal. They recently had a staff email go out regarding big changes on the horizon with the new CEO. The big dogs are currently going through a complete makeover, they want to restructure the company to support a more mobile and retail theme. They bottom line is they are #1 for a reason, they have more than 100 million customers and they want to keep it that way. Designers recently tweaked the homepage to make it more consumer-friendly, heck even my grandma knows how to use it. They cleaned house eliminating countless unused pages which resulted in faster loading time. This all spells out a positive shift in their business practices. I understand a lot of people who come on this page have nothing but doom and gloom to say about the company but really, they arenít all that bad. Itís hard to manage accounts on such a high level so it takes time to work out bugs and address issues on a mass scale. Keep your eye on this company, they arenít going anywhere anytime soon!
    Bigger does not equal better and Paypal is a prime example of this. I have seen what the new "improved" Paypal site looks like and it is still missing one very important thing their users surely would appreciate; A phone number. Why is paypal making it so hard to to find a number to call them? And do you know how they are "working out the bugs"? With a bounty program hoping hackers will inform paypal about these security issues rather then selling the information online. Paypal doesn't have enough money to hire a web tech team to figure it out?? There is a reason why people are leaving paypal in droves and that reason is paypal!

Johnny Guest

Yah I'm sure they are on to bigger and better ways to screw their customers because that's what they do best. I seen the new website and it is missing a very important item. A phone number. Maybe they should work on their professional skills and learn to help their customers and not hang up on them when getting grilled with questions