Thread: Paypal Admits Problems

Default Paypal Admits Problems

blurb from eCommerce Bytes...

"Some PayPal sellers had problems getting funds in April when they tried to sweep their funds from their PayPal account to their bank accounts. A spokesperson for PayPal said, "We are aware of an issue where our systems have failed to process some funds around 16th of April to all AU Personal, Premier and Business account holders. This has resulted in delayed credits to and debits from customers' bank accounts."

EcommerceBytes readers documented the problem in the Letters to the Editor blog and on the Ecommerce EKG systems board for reporting industry glitches.

The spokesperson for PayPal said the cause was "due to a technical issue as we cut over to our new server infrastructure." PayPal migrated its server infrastructure as described on the PayPal blog."

....so just one of the many glitches within the paypal system that they tote as having under control now. We'll see. I'm sure there will be a continuation..there are too many problems at Paypal not to!

Yea, yea so Paypal may have owned up to one of their little mistakes, and they report that all system are go again but I remain skeptical. Paypal has so many problems with their systems from signing up for a paypal accout to getting paid thru your paypal account. Its just not a secure service if you ask me. Yet they just keep expanding into other markets rather than fine tuning what they've got working averagely.

There are so many problems with paypal and they know about it but don't do anything about it.

My biggest problems with paypal is how they hold my money for 21 days after I make a sale but when I buy something they take the money right away.
    I also can't stand the way they handle disputes. They always side with the buyer which is very discouraging for sellers. Especially after paying outrageous fees to eBay. You would think the sellers would have some kind of protection.

saying it and doing it are two different things.

Paypal has admitted to many mistakes over they years but they don't to shit about it. They are focused on one thing only and that is making money, not improvements for their users.

It's very frustrating being a PayPal user today. It used to be better back in the day.

Delays in receiving money from paypal is an ongoing problem for it's users. For Paypal it is a way to earn interest on our money.

Paypal tries to act like a bank when it benefits them and comes crying "we are not a bank" when that suits them

PayPal offers none of the protection that real banks offer, and it isn't required to maintain any of the security, customer service or dispute resolution services that banks provide. This is why it is such a risky thing to do business with paypal. Merchant accounts really are the way to go they follow all banking regulations.

same thing happened 8th May in the UK, all faster bank transfers requested 6th 7th or 8th may got lost and only finally ended up in peoples account a week later.
    they very graciously paid back the £5 charge </sarcasm> but offered no explanation as to what had gone wrong

Katayna Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nuclear937 View Post
    blurb from eCommerce Bytes...

"Some PayPal sellers had problems getting funds in April when they tried to sweep their funds from their PayPal account to their bank accounts. A spokesperson for PayPal said, "We are aware of an issue where our systems have failed to process some funds around 16th of April to all AU Personal, Premier and Business account holders. This has resulted in delayed credits to and debits from customers' bank accounts."

EcommerceBytes readers documented the problem in the Letters to the Editor blog and on the Ecommerce EKG systems board for reporting industry glitches.

The spokesperson for PayPal said the cause was "due to a technical issue as we cut over to our new server infrastructure." PayPal migrated its server infrastructure as described on the PayPal blog."

....so just one of the many glitches within the paypal system that they tote as having under control now. We'll see. I'm sure there will be a continuation..there are too many problems at Paypal not to!
    Of course there will be glitches, why is this even news? Some of you people need to really get a life. Iíve happily been using paypal for 2 years now. Iíve run into a problem or two but thatís life. My business is growing so I wanted to see what alternatives there are to Paypal simply because I feel they are overcharging. I actually found a few places that are cheaper in the long run so Iím considering making a switch. They process billions of dollars and have countless users; itís only natural that something will go wrong once and a while. I applaud them for fessing up to the issue and resolving it in a timely manor.