Thread: a few tips

agent X Guest

Default a few tips

After 6 years in the customer support department and 2 years in the security management department Ebay Inc gave me the boot. Sure I got a nice little compensation package but that wont last me long with the unemployment rate the way that it is. Since I now have no loyalty to them here are a few little tips on how not to get screwed. First thing is first, always read the fine print, yeah itíll take you hours and you may need a law degree to understand it but youíll need to know your shit should we flag your account. Protect your passwords! Donít make your log in or passwords overly easy to guess and change them often Ė even though if you change them too often we will nab your ass for ďsuspicious behaviorĒ. Survival tip number three, donít keep large amount of monies in your account.
    Iíve seen way too many people go down for keeping sums larger then $5k, $10K or higher. If you keep the funds in your account low, we lose interest. Read your emails, every last one of them. Too many people assume we are spamming them when really we are trying to relay time-sensitive information. Always chose credit cards over debit cards; using credit cards makes it easier to dispute transactions. If your going to give them your banking info that you open a separate bank account, because believe me we will dip in at our discretion.

Lily McHenry Guest

Thanks for the tips! Iím so confused, I worked with paypal for a few months and everything was going fine until they questioned a transaction. I tried contacting customer support but I keep getting the run around. Iím sorry to hear that they didnít keep you around. Iím sure that you could write a book with all of the behind the scenes stuff youíve been exposed to. I bet they put your compensation package together with the funds they put on hold from all of their users. It seems backwards that you get ďpanelizedĒ or flagged for having large sums of money in your account, you would think they would want you to prosper financially.

flex1978 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by agent X View Post
    After 6 years in the customer support department and 2 years in the security management department Ebay Inc gave me the boot. Sure I got a nice little compensation package but that wont last me long with the unemployment rate the way that it is. Since I now have no loyalty to them here are a few little tips on how not to get screwed. First thing is first, always read the fine print, yeah itíll take you hours and you may need a law degree to understand it but youíll need to know your shit should we flag your account. Protect your passwords! Donít make your log in or passwords overly easy to guess and change them often Ė even though if you change them too often we will nab your ass for ďsuspicious behaviorĒ. Survival tip number three, donít keep large amount of monies in your account.
    Iíve seen way too many people go down for keeping sums larger then $5k, $10K or higher. If you keep the funds in your account low, we lose interest. Read your emails, every last one of them. Too many people assume we are spamming them when really we are trying to relay time-sensitive information. Always chose credit cards over debit cards; using credit cards makes it easier to dispute transactions. If your going to give them your banking info that you open a separate bank account, because believe me we will dip in at our discretion.
    Can you help me?? Please. I have had problems with ebay and now I am also having paypal problems due to my problems with ebay. I can't access my money for 180 days because there was a dispute with a buyer and I lost even though I was right. But ebay didn't listen to me and told paypal to take my money. Both my accounts are suspended and I really need my money now. How would you as an insider recommend I go about. this? Please help me. I have tried everything. You are my last hope.

Glades CA Guest

If the dispute was already resolved in the favor of the buyer then there is little to nothing you can do to change it. Was your account temporarily suspended or permanently terminated? If youíre not sure you will be able to tell for sure by logging into your paypal account and clicking on the resolution center. Once in there you may have to follow a series of steps to get your account back on good processing terms. If all else fails you can always call them and have a rep assist you by phone, but itís been my experience that handling things online and through email tends to be much more effective. I canít tell you how many hours Iíve wasted being tossed around from rep to rep only to be referred online. It seems troublesome at first to click through and read directions but it really does give you all the steps needed right online.

Alexis Guest

Unfortunately if paypal already sided with the buyer there isn't much you can do. All you really can do is call and harass them for your money although that will most likely be a huge waste of time. You just have to ride it out until you get your money. Once you do I would run for the hills and never look back

Jeffery Mesalhower Guest

These tips seem kinda generic but I guess every bit of insight helps, right? I had a problem with communication when it came to providing information for a sale that occurred. It eventually got settled but after that I started looking around for alternatives. I was really surprised when shopping around to see how high paypalís fees where compared to other merchant services. There are places that charge less than 2% while paypal is almost at 3%. I feel like they nickel and dime you to death. I guess no company is perfect. As for the password changing, Iím an old dog and lucky that I remember my one password haha I wont fiddle around with periodic changes and so forth. I do make it a habit to keep my personal and business banking affairs separate, learned all about that in the late 80s when I had a business go under which resulted in personally having to file for BK.