Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there any SELLER PROTECTION left?

You're not going to get any protection, especially since you sell electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    You're not going to get any protection, especially since you sell electronics.
    I actually agree with you. Electronics is a risky category to sell in because it seems to attract more scumbag customers. One eBay seller that posts Youtube videos on how to sell on eBay talked about a customer that bought a brand new game console, took out the freaking hard drive, sent the console back to the seller claiming it was broken and kept the hard drive AND got a refund.

Some buyers on eBay just want to replace something broken that they own, so they'll file an Item Not As Described case, send you their broken item and keep your brand new one. eBay shows the best and worst sides of humanity.

Lately, there has been almost no seller protection. Fortunately, I've never been 'scammed' like this, but I've heard a lot of people who have. Be careful and remember : if you want to sell something really fast, sell it on Paypal.

If you want to make a business out of it, use another service so you can reduce all the risks.

Paypal's fraud protection policy was intended to protected buyers mainly because they are making the initial cash outlay. What Paypal does not understand is that, this fraud policy is so easy to abuse by scammers posing as honest buyers because the policies are already rigged in their favor. Making money with eBay and Paypal is just so easy though, it's almost impossible to disregard these two.

If you are located in the United States, you might have luck with using Paypal and Escrow. I haven't tried it myself but I know plenty of online sellers, not just on eBay, use Paypal via Escrow. Service fees for Escrow might be a bit high though so that's another important cost which you need to consider.

Finally, for those wondering, eBay owns Paypal that's why they have such terrible seller protection.

Technically it should help you if you get scammed, but only as the customer. If you are the customer and you are scamming the merchant, then most of the time it is in the customers favor, according to PP and Ebay.