Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there any SELLER PROTECTION left?

PayPal is always biased towards buyers. There is a high chance of getting scammed by fraudulent buyers who will file a charge-back after getting the product. You can see in our forum that there are many sellers who got scammed like this. I will suggest you to take extreme caution before getting into business with PayPal and eBay.

I don't think they will ever care about the seller as much as they care about the buyer. Thus, don't even expect to have equal rights.

There is now.I received an email from Paypal a few days ago. Telling me that they have added a new seller protection feature to their terms of service. Which is great hear.

I am not to sure about the specifics of the plan, because i have not had time to read the whole thing. However i am extremely excited about it's potential.

I Paypal get's it right we can finally do business in peace. Although with Paypal you never know.

Nope. It's known as buyer protection nowadays. Either way, they are scamming people out of money whether it's a seller or a buyer.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

If you want some seller protection, you should try other systems. PP is definitely bad for selling something.

You can do certain things as seller to protect yourself such as taking photos of your item before shipment and such. Ebay/paypal will accept these as evidence in your favor in such a situation. However, native seller protection by paypal has largely eroded. You really have to make sure you cover your own ass these days.

There has never been any seller protection on PP, only buyer protection. Don't expect to have a lot of rights when selling a product.

Make sure the seller has good feedback (if you are using ebay). The best way is to try to protect yourself from scammers. Even then you will always get a few it always happens

Quote Originally Posted by Chia View Post
    Make sure the seller has good feedback (if you are using ebay). The best way is to try to protect yourself from scammers. Even then you will always get a few it always happens
    The OP is a seller who wants to sell electronics. How is looking at the feedback of other sellers going to help him? He's trying to make money, not buy things.

Unfortunately, looking at the feedback of buyers is useless because sellers can't leave bad feedback for buyers.

OP, when you start selling, be sure to go into your settings and select your buyer requirements.
    You can choose to have the system block anyone from bidding on your auctions that has Unpaid Item Strikes on their account.
    Last edited by ACSAPA; 03-30-2014 at 07:21 PM.

There are so many people who are charging back purchases and keeping goods that I am way too afraid to sell on ebay anymore. Now I am going to sell goods on Craigslist and take that risk of meeting someone weird in person.