Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there any SELLER PROTECTION left?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6thDAY Guest

Default Is there any SELLER PROTECTION left?

i want to start selling electronics, but after hearing all the sellers being scammed by paypal, I am reluctant to accept paypal.

Is there any way I can be protected against a chargeback after the buyer receives the products?

If I provided the tracking number showing it was delivered to the right address, would that be suffice for paypal??

Mostly I'll be screwed if there are any scam buyers, but just thought I asked.

Thanks

eBay has a feature called "Report A Buyer" which is supposed to help protect against seller abuse. I haven't been in a bad enough situation to use it yet, but supposedly you can report buyers who try to blackmail you by forwarding their threatening emails to eBay.

A couple of sellers that do Youtube ebay tips videos also suggest taking photos of the item as you pack it, so that eBay can see that you didn't send out a box of rocks.

The buyer is always more protected than the seller because there are a lot more scammers on the seller-end.
    This is normal and will always be like that. But that also means they put more protection on the buyer-side.

There really isn't a whole lot of protection. The absolute best thing you can do for yourself is take pictures (or even a video) of the whole process. From you showing the product is what you stated and is working, to you packing it up safely and shipping it out. Having evidence like that will help you win some disputes.

The answer is pretty much... no. Buyer protection went through a HUGE and terrible revamp after a chain of media stories a few years ago targetted Paypal and eBay for letting scammers get away. This has since reversed and continued to allow scammers to get away.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

Generally speaking, send everything with a tracking number and keep hold of all proof and you should be OK. However, Paypal has a tendency to side with buyers so you have to be careful.
    Youtube views: Quick, easy and free!
    [url]http://downloadsafe.org/file/04c8d7[/url]

PayPal is always biased towards buyers. There is a high chance of getting scammed by fraudulent buyers who will file a charge-back after getting the product. You can see in our forum that there are many sellers who got scammed like this. I will suggest you to take extreme caution before getting into business with PayPal and eBay.

It depends upon you whether you would take the risk of losing money. E-bay is so full of it, so beware.

The only problem with PayPal is that they think the buyer is always right. The moment a buyer issues a complaint, they will listen to the buyer but not the seller. of course every story has the other side and they fail to listen to it.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

I don't think they will ever care about the seller as much as they care about the buyer. Thus, don't even expect to have equal rights.