Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We do try over at Paypal

Default We do try over at Paypal

What people don't understand is that Paypal is in the business of making money. We are not a charity. Therefor we have had to implemented the hold. It is to protect both buyers and sellers. We have to limit accounts that have suspicious activity. If we didn't do this people would be in an uproar over how we let fraudulent activity occur.It is hard to please everyone but don't think for a second that we don't try. Not everyone is that easy to please.

You limit accounts that do not have suspicious activities. You also help scam millions of dollars off of people who have done nothing but ship an item to a customer. Either all those stories are fake or paypal is a facilitator in scamming people out of millions of dollars. I am a believer in the statistics and the later must be true. I just hope one day the governments get involved and some people go to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by hudajuda View Post
    What people don't understand is that Paypal is in the business of making money. We are not a charity. Therefor we have had to implemented the hold. It is to protect both buyers and sellers. We have to limit accounts that have suspicious activity. If we didn't do this people would be in an uproar over how we let fraudulent activity occur.It is hard to please everyone but don't think for a second that we don't try. Not everyone is that easy to please.
    Take it and shove it Juda, you Traitor. Go do your job and maybe help some off us out instead of coming here and rubbing our faces in about why paypal does the crap they do.....

Quote Originally Posted by hudajuda View Post
    Give me a break already. Most businesses are in the business of making money fool. However, most businessess aren't in the business of making their money by holding money that isn't rightfully theirs! Paypal does what it pleases, holds money for indefinate periods of time and often times without fair reason. Fraud runs rampent thru paypal, maybe if paypal were held to the same rules and regualations of the banking industry there would be less headache for all!

Honestly there are two sides to every story and I really think paypal sucks in a lot of aspects but I don't feel like PayPal are at blame for trying to make money. That is what every business is in business for. I have bigger problems with Exxon Mobile and BoA but that's another story.
    However with that said there are about a million ways Paypal could improve their business practices and make it a bit less shady. For example:
    -FDIC insure my money
    -Follow federal banking regulations
    -STOP HOLDING PEOPLES MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by jmurjeff View Post
    You limit accounts that do not have suspicious activities. You also help scam millions of dollars off of people who have done nothing but ship an item to a customer. Either all those stories are fake or paypal is a facilitator in scamming people out of millions of dollars. I am a believer in the statistics and the later must be true. I just hope one day the governments get involved and some people go to jail.
    So true. When Paypal limits an account they don't even tell you why so how in the world are we supposed to know what we did wrong to avoid it in the future? It doesn't make sense. And if it doesn't make sense it needs to be changed.

there's being on business to make money and that's fair enough
    there's also being sheer, blatantly outright greedy.

Account Level holds....paypal can and will place 21 day holds on your money just..because. Used to only happen on eBay now is applicable (in the UK anyway) to any payments received. What can you do about it? nada. Is it worth calling up and screaming about it? Well it might make you feel better but the call centre staff can't do a damn thing about it, hell we're not even told why these holds are put in place.

What's happening while these payments are on hold? Official line is paypal aren't allowed to earn interest.....yeah right it's transferred to a J P Morgan bank account overseas

Fees are 3.4% + 20p, the 20P fee is non-refundable these days, how many transactions do they make in a day 3.5 million the ticker on the website say right now that's 700,000 in the fixed fee alone made today not factoring in percentages. Then they've got cross border fees, currency conversion fees basically gouging at any turn.

oh and yeah eBay seller fees at what 10% + paypal fees of 3.4% that's what 13.4% of your money gone before you even get it

Sorry, ranting a bit I know but yeah this company is insanely greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefilim View Post
    there's being on business to make money and that's fair enough
    there's also being sheer, blatantly outright greedy.

Account Level holds....paypal can and will place 21 day holds on your money just..because. Used to only happen on eBay now is applicable (in the UK anyway) to any payments received. What can you do about it? nada. Is it worth calling up and screaming about it? Well it might make you feel better but the call centre staff can't do a damn thing about it, hell we're not even told why these holds are put in place.

What's happening while these payments are on hold? Official line is paypal aren't allowed to earn interest.....yeah right it's transferred to a J P Morgan bank account overseas

Fees are 3.4% + 20p, the 20P fee is non-refundable these days, how many transactions do they make in a day 3.5 million the ticker on the website say right now that's 700,000 in the fixed fee alone made today not factoring in percentages. Then they've got cross border fees, currency conversion fees basically gouging at any turn.

oh and yeah eBay seller fees at what 10% + paypal fees of 3.4% that's what 13.4% of your money gone before you even get it

Sorry, ranting a bit I know but yeah this company is insanely greedy.
    That is alof of fees and money earned for Paypal/eBay who prides themselves in not charging a monthly fee. It cost nothing to sign up and that is what I fell for. It costs an arm and a leg to use their "services" however

Unregistered Guest

Here's another PayPal Horror Story

On EBay I sold an item to a person in France. He opted not for insurance. I sent the item through USPS where tracking confirmed that it was delivered to his house. He filed a claim with PayPal stating he never received it. PayPal then took the money out of my account without my consent. I then contacted Paypal, provided them info where they then refunded my money back into my account. THEN three days later, they again took the money out of my account because the buyer complained! So, here's the lesson I learned - PayPal does not support Ebay buyers. Moreover, their service simply is poor -their customer service reps are poorly trained and if it is not on "the script" they are clueless. So, be careful - one day you will have money in your account -the next day you basically won't. And, good luck with their customer service!

Kelly Guest

Angry

I think this is the funniest thing I've read this week. Juda you guy don't give a shit. If you did there wouldn't be so many website out there about the horrible ompany you work for. Their wouldn't be millions of people getting screwed out of so much money. Paypal lmimted my account ut wouldn't give me any reason as to why. Now you want to tell me they do it because of suspicious activity. Are you kidding me? What a joke!!!