Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Instant Bank Transfer Not Instant

Default Instant Bank Transfer Not Instant

Hi

I brought and item from a website in the uk and paid for it
    Via PayPal "instant bank transfer" i received the item the next day with no problems from the seller.

I assumed the transaction was instant so I gave my wife my card do go and do some shopping and spend what's left in the account now I've noticed that the PP has bounced but the seller has reassured me he's recieved the payment this has left me confused, do I now owe PayPal the money and what will happen if
    I don't pay them?

Regards callum

I think I may have posted this in the wrong section sorry admin
    Last edited by Callum1983; 05-01-2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Posted in the wrong section

When was this transaction? Give it a further several days and see.

And don't use PayPal again...just use your card.

The transaction was on the 25th of April 2012

I recieved the item on the 27th of April 2012

And PayPal tried to take the money out of my bank on the 29th of April and it got returned by my bank because my wife had spent all the money in the account (thinking the money for the item was instantly debited from my account)

What will eventually happen and who do I legally owe the money to because that transaction was anything but instant

Okay, understood. A bank reversal will take place soon with the seller. They will be out of pocket unless they are eligble under seller protection.

I would advise you reimburse the seller through PayPal, AFTER the seller has confirmed the bank reversal has taken place. Then the seller will just close the new case which has opened with the bank reversal and 'admit defeat' but you would have paid them in a separate transaction.

I've got an email from the seller saying the payment has completed fine and they haven't mentioned anything about a bank reversal

If the payment has not come out of your bank account or PayPal account, they will get the reversal soon. PayPal can make the reversal when ever they want, even after a month.

So do I legally owe the money to PayPal and will they send debt collecters after me?

They won't send debt collectors. Bank reversals happen and PayPal give you sufficient time to resolve the issue directly with the seller. The seller will know what to do after the bank reversal happens.

So will the seller claim under seller protection of chase me for the money

He should work with you, so when the bank reversal happens on PayPal, tell him you can send the money to him in a separate transaction and then he will cancel the original transaction that has the bank dispute.