Thread: 1500 USD gone and no Item to show

Default 1500 USD gone and no Item to show

I bought saxophone that costed 1500 USD together with Express shipment + insurance . It never arrived. PayPal refused to refund the moneys, even when I sent copies of official answers from the post office confirming that the parcel had been lost.
    I spent 200 usd on phone calls from Moscow to e-bay and Paypal support teams, and the only thing they could say was that my case is kind of Catch-22 and that they were really sorry about what happened.

What about me getting my moneys? Any hope?

I don't see you getting your miney back. Paypal has so many rules and they are all in the favor of Paypal.

What you could do is dispute the charge with your credit card company or tell your bank it was an unauthorized charge and see if you can get your money back that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    I bought saxophone that costed 1500 USD together with Express shipment + insurance . It never arrived. PayPal refused to refund the moneys, even when I sent copies of official answers from the post office confirming that the parcel had been lost.
    I spent 200 usd on phone calls from Moscow to e-bay and Paypal support teams, and the only thing they could say was that my case is kind of Catch-22 and that they were really sorry about what happened.

What about me getting my moneys? Any hope?
    The fair thing would be for you to get your money refunded to you by paypal and let the seller deal with the lost parcel since they are the ones that insured the package. There is no proof of delivery therefor you should be able to get your money back.

Oh, the ole' "catch 22" phrase. Gotta love that Paypal has added "catch 22" to their arsenal of already mind-numbing excuses for why you "may" not ever see your money that is of course duly owed to you. I truly hope that they figure out that you deserve your money back and pronto! Perhaps the seller can work with Paypal as well to solve this issue, that is the right thing to do anyway. However, all sellers aren't the most honest and they can also be out to make quick cash at someone elses' expense. Have you made contact with the seller?

Paypal seems to have about every excuse in the book and they use em' all just to a different tune.

I get so upset every time I read or hear of another innocent person being taken thru the ringer. Someone needs to give Paypal a dose of their own medicine but they are too big which makes it almost impossible. Darn shame what they do and darnest shame we're basically helpless against them.

Have you considered filing a lawsuit in small claims court without an attorney? I did and won. Read about it: [url]www.ballbrit.com/Archive/Paypal.pdf[/url]

if you used a cc do a charge back, i used to use ebay and screwpal all the time, but never again.

I do not understand why didn't PayPal reimburse you? You are automastically covered under their protection policy.

Quote Originally Posted by brat42 View Post
    I do not understand why didn't PayPal reimburse you? You are automastically covered under their protection policy.
    I do not understand this too. I thought I get my money too. I do not understand the catch 22. I not get my moneys and I not get my saxophone so there is no catch. Give me my moneys and have the seller deal with insurance for package. I do not do nothing wrong in this story.

Email PayPal now and ask them why you have not been refunded. Paste the PayPal response here so we can take a look and get your money back.