Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PayPal exec battled mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by getupstandup View Post
    My deepest condolences to Eric Salvatierra's wife and his three children.

As much as we dislike paypal it is important to remember that a human being died leaving behind a beautiful family to mourn the loss of a loved one.

His family released a statement Monday, March 12, characterizing his death as a lost battle against a mental illness. Mr. Salvatierra was diagnosed last summer with bipolar II disorder and depression, according to the statement.

eBay CEO John Donahoe praised Mr. Salvatierra, one of the company's longest-serving employees. One wonders if what he knew is what drove him crazy?
    That is a terrible shame that a man died and left his family behind, but to be honest, the fact that he worked for such a corrupt and fraudulent company, it's no surprise he was a bit crazy.

But what if running Paypal had nothing to do with his death and his illness just got worse through time? Just because he's a Paypal exec doesn't mean the company is partly responsible for his death. Anyway, R.I.P. Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by sidney View Post
    But what if running Paypal had nothing to do with his death and his illness just got worse through time? Just because he's a Paypal exec doesn't mean the company is partly responsible for his death. Anyway, R.I.P. Eric.
    That's true, but people spend a huge part of their waking lives at work.
    If you are working at a company that destroys people's small businesses, a company that almost left me with no way to support my daughter, that workplace is bound to affect your stress levels and mental health sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    A close friend of mine (who also struggled with bi-polar disease) had his life royally shafted by PP and Ebxy (for no reason,of course) after shutting down his main source of income..

it wasn't very nice seeing a guy i care about in a pretty damned bad way for quite some time after this...

Funny...they didn't seem to give a flying fxxk at ppal or exay..
    I hate to say that it's karma, but this Paypal executive had an important position in a company that has hurt a lot of people, including your friend ,and me and my family.

When you live by the sword, you die by the sword. This executive probably had a hand in ruining a lot of lives and it caught up with him.

I'm sure it would affect your mental state, especially if you had a conscience.

A lot of people do things that they aren't proud of out of greed. Some just can't say no to the funds that are coming in, no matter how guilty they feel.

Regardless, I feel for this man's family.

Quote Originally Posted by elle_kay View Post
    I'm sure it would affect your mental state, especially if you had a conscience.

A lot of people do things that they aren't proud of out of greed. Some just can't say no to the funds that are coming in, no matter how guilty they feel.

Regardless, I feel for this man's family.
    I agree with all of this. Such a horrible thing to have happened and my thoughts are with his family.

That's still awful despite the crazy things that has been spinning of with the company. Ebay since it is the mother company is the responsible one here I just can feel it.

So terrible. Mental illness healthcare needs to rise above in this country. People constantly blame gun control for these mass shooting, but it's not the gun walking around shooting people, it's the mentally ill people wielding them.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]