Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PayPal exec battled mental illness

Default PayPal exec battled mental illness

My deepest condolences to Eric Salvatierra's wife and his three children.

As much as we dislike paypal it is important to remember that a human being died leaving behind a beautiful family to mourn the loss of a loved one.

His family released a statement Monday, March 12, characterizing his death as a lost battle against a mental illness. Mr. Salvatierra was diagnosed last summer with bipolar II disorder and depression, according to the statement.

eBay CEO John Donahoe praised Mr. Salvatierra, one of the company's longest-serving employees. One wonders if what he knew is what drove him crazy?

Salvatierra's family asked that donations be made in his name to: NAMI.org

Lets just hope they don't have a Paypal Donate button

they prob will use a paypal donate button =/

Category 3 productions Guest

Quote Originally Posted by getupstandup View Post
    My deepest condolences to Eric Salvatierra's wife and his three children.

As much as we dislike paypal it is important to remember that a human being died leaving behind a beautiful family to mourn the loss of a loved one.

His family released a statement Monday, March 12, characterizing his death as a lost battle against a mental illness. Mr. Salvatierra was diagnosed last summer with bipolar II disorder and depression, according to the statement.

eBay CEO John Donahoe praised Mr. Salvatierra, one of the company's longest-serving employees. One wonders if what he knew is what drove him crazy?
    Knowing corporate secrets isnít enough to drive one mad. I do think it must have been one hell of a job and that could have led to added stress which agitated the disease. One would think that they would do better employee screening. I mean, who in their right mind is going to let a mentally ill person run a multibillion dollar corporation?

Unregistered Guest

karma's a bitch... i feel a fake "obama tear" coming on for him.... unfortunately, i wish i could say it was the job that did it to him... usually, the only people who want a job ruining people's lives, are psychopaths anyway... so i have a feeling he was just "the right man for the job"... booo hooo...

Unregistered Guest

A close friend of mine (who also struggled with bi-polar disease) had his life royally shafted by PP and Ebxy (for no reason,of course) after shutting down his main source of income..

it wasn't very nice seeing a guy i care about in a pretty damned bad way for quite some time after this...

Funny...they didn't seem to give a flying fxxk at ppal or exay..

Condolences to the family, Bipolar disorder is no joke, its a very tragic disease; to see the person you love slowly slip away before your very eyes...

That is terrible. I suffer from Bipolar Disorder, and it is not fun. The problem with BPD is that sometime the medications that they prescribe can make symptoms worse. I remember a few that drove me crazy, and not only did I want to harm myself, but others. I don't trust those drugs. Vitamins and supplements have made a world of difference in my life, and I really feel for others who are afflicted, and their families. It is hard to share that burden with someone.

Horrible product or not, he was still a person and I feel bad for his family. He probably couldn't handle the stress from running one of the largest companies on the web. I think it just shows you that mental illness can strike anyone- rich or poor- and shouldn't be treated lightly. You would think he would have access to help with all of the money he was raking in.

He's still a human being, so I definitely still feel bad for him and his family. Everyone has someone who loves them, even if they do run a place like PayPal.