Thread: [PayPal] Need help Negative Balance

DudeInaSuit Guest

Default [PayPal] Need help Negative Balance

Well I live in U.S Activated my account with a PrePaid Card. Got Negative
    Balance. I am 14 a Minor. Should I Pay PayPal the -$150 Or should I just leave
    it.

If I don't pay it and the collection agency find me
    Will my dad get bad credit?
    Will I get bad credit when I am 18?
    Will I have to pay?

Is there anyway to get out of this situation by not paying.

Quote Originally Posted by DudeInaSuit View Post
    Well I live in U.S Activated my account with a PrePaid Card. Got Negative
    Balance. I am 14 a Minor. Should I Pay PayPal the -$150 Or should I just leave
    it.

If I don't pay it and the collection agency find me
    Will my dad get bad credit?
    Will I get bad credit when I am 18?
    Will I have to pay?

Is there anyway to get out of this situation by not paying.
    First off, what does paypal know about you? Address, phone number, banking info (I know you said you used a pre paid card)?
    Second; Do you owe this $150 or did someone rip you off?

Most likely paypal is not going to do much about it of you don't pay. If they send you to collections just say you never owed the money and ask the collection agency to provide you with a verification of the debt. Most collection agency will wright off your debt when you demand the verification.

DudeInaSuit Guest

Meh. I got payments via donation, It's like they donate (Not asking for anything in return), Gave them extra perks in a game so I can make the game last longer.
    Yes I got ripped off! No, on the account there is nothing that has my real info, But When I bought game hosting I've used real
    information with the hosting, But I've changed my addresses on those websites before I got negative balance.
    Last edited by DudeInaSuit; 02-24-2012 at 09:19 PM.

I don't think you can held accountable since you you are a minor, per Paypals user agreement To be eligible to use the PayPal Services, you must be at least 18 years old so since you are not of age....

Plus it is not a huge amount we are talking about here so how far would paypal really be willing to go over $150?

Look up the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and learn your rights when it comes to debt collecting if Paypal takes it that far

Negative Guest

Man, I am the same age as you but I created my account when I was 13 I am scared shitless I dont know why. It worries my so much!

All right kids, if you wanna play in the grown up world you are going to have to be ready for grown up consequences and deal with it accordingly. You can't come crying you are a minor and hope that is going to save you.

Paypal sucks big balls and there is no arguing that. If paypal does not have your real information then how are they going to find you? Wouldn't worry to much about it.