Thread: question

12345 Guest

Default question

I had no idea where to post this but I hope someone can give me some answers. I use my mom's paypal account to sell stuff. I only use the paypal balance for myself, when I buy stuff on ebay or whatever. And she has her credit card linked to the account (which she doesn't really use much at all). Ok, so I've only been using her paypal since the end of January-ish but she just got her credit card statement for January and it's saying that stuff that I bought is being charged to her credit card, even though I used my balance, and yes, the money is gone from my balance, so I know it took the money from it, so why is her credit card being charged too? Does anybody have any idea why? Also there are 2 things from ebay where I had to get a refund, where on her statement it shows the money was sent but not that it was refunded. So what the hell? Is this a paypal issue, or a issue with the card? What do I need to do? I mean the money should not have ever gone to or from her credit card, I've only been using the balance. So basically if I can't figure this out I'm screwed out of all the money I've made and I'll owe my mom all the money I spend that shouldn't have even come from her card in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
    I had no idea where to post this but I hope someone can give me some answers. I use my mom's paypal account to sell stuff. I only use the paypal balance for myself, when I buy stuff on ebay or whatever. And she has her credit card linked to the account (which she doesn't really use much at all). Ok, so I've only been using her paypal since the end of January-ish but she just got her credit card statement for January and it's saying that stuff that I bought is being charged to her credit card, even though I used my balance, and yes, the money is gone from my balance, so I know it took the money from it, so why is her credit card being charged too? Does anybody have any idea why? Also there are 2 things from ebay where I had to get a refund, where on her statement it shows the money was sent but not that it was refunded. So what the hell? Is this a paypal issue, or a issue with the card? What do I need to do? I mean the money should not have ever gone to or from her credit card, I've only been using the balance. So basically if I can't figure this out I'm screwed out of all the money I've made and I'll owe my mom all the money I spend that shouldn't have even come from her card in the first place.
    I would try and contact paypal, if they are not helpful then explain the situation to your mothers credit card company and file a dispute. It's odd that the two were linked at all, hopefully it works out cheers!