Thread: I paid 2500$,but i could't get the item.

msrpaypal Guest

Default I paid 2500$,but i could't get the item.

i recently purchased a website site for 2500$.i paid but i could't get the site.The sellers account is in India and i made the payment from Singapore.is it possible to catch him by booking a case?

please help me.

I think he cancelled the account after transferring the money to his account.

Quote Originally Posted by msrpaypal View Post
    i recently purchased a website site for 2500$.i paid but i could't get the site.The sellers account is in India and i made the payment from Singapore.is it possible to catch him by booking a case?

please help me.

I think he cancelled the account after transferring the money to his account.
    you could file a dispute with paypal but I don't think they would rule in your favor. Paypal only considers a tracking number as proof of delivery and when something is virtually delivered (in your case not delivered) there is no tracking number supplied and therefor no proof of delivery which means you loose your dispute. Paypal does not take emails or anything else into consideration as proof. Tracking number or nothing.

If for some lucky reason paypal would rule in your favor paypal would refund you your money from the seller and if the seller does not have any money in his paypal account his account would go into negative. Paypal usually do not let you close your account right after a sale. They typically want 6 months of inactivity and even if the sellers account is closed paypal still has all his information on file because paypal keeps that info forever.

If you used a credit card to pay you can file a chargeback through the credit card company. If the money came from your bank account you could talk to your bank and say it was an unauthorized charge and see if they could help you get the charge reversed.

Go to the police. You have been robbed! Any correspondence you had with the seller you can use as evidence with the police. Paypal will not take e-mails or anything but a tracking number as evidence but the police will.

I have been taken selling virtual goods and I guess it is just as easy to get taken as a buyer when it comes to virtual goods.
    I think is is going to be an expensive lesson for you. Sorry man