Thread: Bad service should not be a surprise with Paypal

Default Bad service should not be a surprise with Paypal

So you go to sign up with paypal but you have a couple of questions and would like to speak to someone prior to signing up. Just call them right? WRONG! Where is the phone number to call?

At the very bottom of the paypals home page there is a very small "contact us" so that must be it to get their number. NO it is not.

That only takes you to a page that wants to know why you are contacting them. Towards the bottom of the page you will find the option "Call Us" yay now I will get the number to call paypal. NO I do not! Instead this pops up: Customer Service
    Click on the link below and you'll be taken to the call page where you'll be provided the call number and other information that will allow us to help you better.

Ok So now I click on the link, maybe this time I'll get lucky and find a contact number. No I do not find a number instead I am asked to sign in to my paypal account (which I don't Have!!!!) but there is also option 2: Don't have a PayPal account?

Of course you can still contact us. (really I am starting to doubt it)

Just click Continue to get to our Customer Service phone number.

I click and...

Wow a phone number:
    Contact Us
    PayPal Customer Service:
    1-888-221-1161
    1-402-935-2050 (if calling from outside the U.S.)

4:00 AM to 10:00 PM Pacific Time Monday through Friday
    6:00 AM to 8:00 PM Pacific Time Saturday and Sunday
    Please note that hours of operation may vary on holidays

Now I am in phone system hell with an automatic operator.

It doesnt matter if you have an account or not the lack of help is the same. One would think that at least when you are inquiring about getting a paypal account they would be fast to help you.
    Once you have an account they should want to help you so you can make more money for them but paypal does not think in a logic way...we know that.

Absolutely horrible customer service, telling you things you already know. They pretty much tell you everything that's already on their site. What's the point of customer service if the employees are just reading things off the paypal site?

Try asking them a question that isn't answered on their site and time how long your on hold....not fun!

Bad service/No service

just shut it down, the paypal customer service that is. why waste all that money on something that doesnt work. instead of providing horrible customer service just give us a lover price and we'll deal with the automated e-mails instead.

Noe I am already an existing paypal user (because I didn't know better...found this site a bit to late) and to get a hold of someone to speak to is....well impossible. I call and go through the standard 10 minute automated system only to have them ask me for my webpin...ehh..what?? A webpin what is that and where do I get one?

All the things Paypal promise (fast, safe, easy, secure etc) in nothing but outright lies sprinkled with bad attitude and total lack of care for its users.