Thread: PP Limited after only 2 weeks

amiga Guest

Default PP Limited after only 2 weeks

Hi,

My PP account was limited today - I just opened a ebay account & paypal account 2 weeks ago. I sold 1 item for 80 and bought a few small things on ebay....all under 45 total using the paypal balance over the past 2 weeks.

Then I received a payment from someone abroad for something I sold him on a forum, and it gets limited right away? Is it linked?

Now that my account has been limited, they want my ID, credit card number and bank details.

I don't have a credit card from a bank, so I use a prepaid one, it didn't get accepted. They then asked for a utility bill instead....so I uploaded it - says "in process".

I have not verified my account yet as I am so new, plus as I'm separating, cannot use the current one (joint account). I'm opening a new bank account anyway in the next couple weeks so will be able to use that I hope.

Any advice? Will it be lifted or am I screwed like everyone else that gets limited?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by amiga View Post
    Hi,

My PP account was limited today - I just opened a ebay account & paypal account 2 weeks ago. I sold 1 item for 80 and bought a few small things on ebay....all under 45 total using the paypal balance over the past 2 weeks.

Then I received a payment from someone abroad for something I sold him on a forum, and it gets limited right away? Is it linked?

Now that my account has been limited, they want my ID, credit card number and bank details.

I don't have a credit card from a bank, so I use a prepaid one, it didn't get accepted. They then asked for a utility bill instead....so I uploaded it - says "in process".

I have not verified my account yet as I am so new, plus as I'm separating, cannot use the current one (joint account). I'm opening a new bank account anyway in the next couple weeks so will be able to use that I hope.

Any advice? Will it be lifted or am I screwed like everyone else that gets limited?

Cheers.
    Being that you are new to paypal you are going to have to go through all this BS for a while and maybe on and off for as long as you stick it out with paypal. Your limitation should be lifted once you have supplied paypal with ALL the information they have requested.

As the other member of the forum has said, New Paypal and eBay users are often targeted as they're more likely to commit fraud or have problems, they're likely to hold any recent profits for up to two months or until the sales have gone through and been sorted.

I had similar issues and had to wait for 2 months before receiving my funds, it's definitely irritating but theirs nothing that can be done unfortunately.

This is absolutely normal and will happen to anyone if they don't verify their account. Basically they want to prevent people from using their accounts to do illegal transactions or fund criminal organisations. So they check whoever is linked to the account when a lot or big transactions are happening.

This happens to everyone who doesn't verify their account, it's annoying and time consuming, but everyone has to do it

For now your best bet is to get it verify. Perhaps you can consider applying for a new credit card? Or if you think it is not suitable for you then go for a debit card. For you to verify your paypal account you need either a debit card or credit card. After submitting your card numbers to them, they will charge you a few dollars on your card to send you a verification code, so make sure to have some balance inside your card. You will need to wait for a few days to actually see the verification code to appear on your card statement (You can check it online).

The time frame in which someone gets their account limited depends on a lot of factors. For example, you could have sold a high-risk item on ebay, causing PayPal to keep a watchful eye on you. Others go months and sometimes even years and never have this happen to them.

Completely normal to get limited while in the young stages of owning an account. There isn't always one specific reason why they limit, so it is probably just a mix of the different activity in your account.

unfortunately thats just how it is. if you want it to be unlimited then you have to comply with their requests. i hope you sort it out though.