Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Walk a mile in their shoes

Truth be told though the Paypal Customer Service Reps should be much better trained, a global company as large as Paypal should be like a well oiled machine, and even if you bump into a few rutts here and there it shouldn't define your entire relationship with the company.

Your user name is 'loosers69OMG'. It is really hard to take you seriously. Do you know what 'looser' means? For instance, "This belt seems looser than it did before." This forum is for people to complain about Paypal. It is called 'paypalsucks'! Maybe you should start a site called, 'paypalrocks' and go take your Paypal loving self over there!

I guess it's difficult for people to just stop using Paypal, regardless of if they have been screwed by them or not. Nowadays, it's essential to use Paypal if you do certain things for a living, like if you sell things online, operate an online business or do online work for people.

That said, I can somewhat understand how it would be frustrating to work in customer service at Paypal. I'm guessing that the customer service reps can't really do anything that the computer won't let them do, so they have to be the messengers of the bad news, ya know? I do agree that some of them are difficult to understand on the phone, and that's an aggravation. But I don't think the Paypal-related issues are their fault. I'm pretty sure that's the system.

The OP is correct on his point, in no way am I sticking up for Paypals customer service here, but the amount of times I hear someone say they have "bad attitude" , which is what you hear for any large retail business, not every single customer service representative has bad attitude tbh. Most of the ones who have "bad" attitude, are probably because you're shouting down the phone yelling at them, if you had that all day, and someone yelled at you for no reason when they directly didn't do anything wrong, wouldn't you give some "bad" attitude back? My point is, most people aren't capable at having a calm collected conversation with anything to do with customer services, they resort to yelling then wonder why they get hung up on. Customer services these days are actually trained to warn you once if you start yelling or swearing the hang up. So actually a lot of the time it is people's own fault they get no help, fair enough if you ring them up and they genuinely start being lippy, you'll get that everywhere, everyone's different, ring back and try someone new... logic. I can guarantee you that not every single one is like that, if they genuinely are being arses and you've stayed calm and collected for over 10 minutes... feel free to yell all you want.

It's true that customer service in a high volume call center is one of the most thankless jobs on the planet. You get a few minutes to figure out what the problem is and fix it all the while people are mad, yelling and otherwise taking out their bad day on you. I've done it, not for Paypal, but other companies. But here's my issue. First of all, good customer service reps know how to shrug this off and still provide good customer service. They also know they systems and policies of their companies and understand how to provide solid resolution in the face of what seems like insurmountable odds. They know how to make the customer happy each and every time. I don't think that the bulk of Paypal reps know how to do this, and this reflects badly on the training and commitment Paypal provides to their customer service teams.

I don't think I will be using Paypal. I have been enlightened and am completely revolted by the things I had no idea was going on within this company. It was way more simple when they first came out. Not so much now.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsnook View Post
    I don't think I will be using Paypal. I have been enlightened and am completely revolted by the things I had no idea was going on within this company. It was way more simple when they first came out. Not so much now.
    I really hope you're not serious.
    I have tried my best to help everyone on this forum when they claim Paypal did something wrong and I can tell you that 95% of people I helped did something illegal and should have been caught a long time ago and maybe even put in jail.
    You will only find negative comments online. Don't focus too much on that.

Quote Originally Posted by cpefley View Post
    Your user name is 'loosers69OMG'. It is really hard to take you seriously. Do you know what 'looser' means? For instance, "This belt seems looser than it did before."
    Haha, I love that ^^^

To the OP, why are you even here if you love PayPal?

I agree. They are people and need to be respected. Just think of these people having families. Some people are so cruel to CSR workers.

Quote Originally Posted by haynes11 View Post
    The OP is correct on his point, in no way am I sticking up for Paypals customer service here, but the amount of times I hear someone say they have "bad attitude" , which is what you hear for any large retail business, not every single customer service representative has bad attitude tbh. Most of the ones who have "bad" attitude, are probably because you're shouting down the phone yelling at them, if you had that all day, and someone yelled at you for no reason when they directly didn't do anything wrong, wouldn't you give some "bad" attitude back? My point is, most people aren't capable at having a calm collected conversation with anything to do with customer services, they resort to yelling then wonder why they get hung up on. Customer services these days are actually trained to warn you once if you start yelling or swearing the hang up. So actually a lot of the time it is people's own fault they get no help, fair enough if you ring them up and they genuinely start being lippy, you'll get that everywhere, everyone's different, ring back and try someone new... logic. I can guarantee you that not every single one is like that, if they genuinely are being arses and you've stayed calm and collected for over 10 minutes... feel free to yell all you want.
    I agree. That's why I really try to be as nice as possible when I call these numbers. I know that it really isn't the customer service representative's fault; he or she is just there trying to make a paycheck like anyone else. I can't say that I've never gotten nasty with anyone on one of these lines, but I do try not to.

I worked in telemarketing one time; it was one of the few jobs available in my small area. I hated it! People could be so mean. I didn't really mind the ones that would hang up or just say not to call back, but some people would cuss you out and say the most hateful things. It really wasn't necessary.