Thread: Could I get suspended?

Default Could I get suspended?

I had a buyer file a buyer protection claim against me without first following my return for a refund guideline. As a result, I was informed by the EBAY disputes department that all future transactions would have a 21 day payment hold irregardless of my stellar transaction history. Evidently, if you have one case filed against you within 6 months, EBAY will have PayPal hold your funds for 21 days on all future transactions.

Do you think this could lead to me getting my ebay account suspended? Is there anything I can do to avoid having to deal with the 21 day hold. It is rather inconvenient.

I don't think they'll suspend your account but you never know with ebay and paypal. They are the most random company I have ever dealt with and they make it close to impossible to run a business unless you are running it into the ground.

Not much you can do about the 21 day hold except wait it out. Paypal has a list of things you can do to have your money released sooner but even if you comply they seem to have a reason to still hold on to your money

PayPal will release the hold when the earliest of the following occurs: the buyer leaves positive feedback; 3 days after confirmed item delivery;
    or 21 days without a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal filed on that transaction. (PayPal said if a buyer leaves a negative feedback but does not initiate a dispute, PayPal would release the funds to the seller after 21 days

I tryed all those things to get my moneys faster and paypal still said no to me I must wait. Paypal still hold my moneys for 21 days and more sometimes.

Inconvenience is Paypal's middle name. They like to deal alot of inconvenience and frustration out. 21 hold day may very well be just the beginning. No one knows the reasons why or when paypal decides to freeze or suspend accounts. I've learned that they really don't need a specific reason they seem to make it up as they go. Hopefully you will be lifted from the 21 day hold before long but don't breathe easy just yet...actually NEVER when dealing with Paypal and Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkAlone View Post
    I had a buyer file a buyer protection claim against me without first following my return for a refund guideline. As a result, I was informed by the EBAY disputes department that all future transactions would have a 21 day payment hold irregardless of my stellar transaction history. Evidently, if you have one case filed against you within 6 months, EBAY will have PayPal hold your funds for 21 days on all future transactions.

Do you think this could lead to me getting my ebay account suspended? Is there anything I can do to avoid having to deal with the 21 day hold. It is rather inconvenient.
    That's just the thing with ebay and paypal....you never know when you are going to get blindsided by them. Since paypal can, as per their user agreement, close your account at any time for any reason it would not surprise me if ebay have the same clause in their user agreement. You just never know with either of them.