Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pay Pal House Arrest

Paypal must be really regulated. If they can do things like that and they should be checked specially since E-bay has taken over.

That is so ridiculous. Things like this seem to happen a lot yet paypal refuses to listen to people when they try and explain their situation to them. Something definitely needs to be done about this.

It is most disgusting that they are claiming insufficient evidence on this case, what more do they want? A different name should be attached to those debts after all. I say get other entities involved in this. It's obviously Paypal in the wrong here and while they unfortunately have enough power to where they might find some loophole to continue indicting you, it may still be worth a try. I hope everything works out.

That is truly awful! It seems like your proof that you bought your house should have been enough! I'm so sorry to hear that. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyman801 View Post
    Ok, now back the truck up! I bought my house in ’07, yea 5 years ago. Anyway, been using my Pay Pal acct fine on Ebay until last week. They froze my acct and the $400 in it and tell me I owe them $1,100. Once I pay them the $1,100 that I DON’T OWE they will take the hold off my account! What?!?! They had me confused and angry, you don’t take someone’s money and tell them you want more for no apparent reason! I had to get to the bottom and FINALLY reached someone that told me that it looks as though…..get this….

The house I bought in ’07 evidently is the address of someone (probably the folks I bought it from) who has an outstanding balance owed to Pay Pal. I explained that the person they have on record at MY address is not ME and I am current and have always been with Pay Pal. Dug up my deed to SHOW PROOF that I did buy the house 5 years ago and they informed me that is not sufficient. HUH?!?

What the hell more can I possibly do? This is an out flat fiasco! Pay Pal MUST be regulated!!!!!! They are too big and TRY to run like a bank yet believe they are above the banking rules and regulations….hence holding my money and many others for the ABSOLUTE WRONG reason.

You better believe I have reached out…seems as though if we can get a petition with 1 million signatures to congress, they can address regulation. I will be working on this as well as working on getting my money!
    I guess when it comes to Pay Pal there really should be no SHOCK and AWE because they seem to do it all and then some!
    I've seen a lot of complaints against PayPal, but if this is true, this tops them all. I rarely say this, but SUE THE SHIT OUT OF THEM.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

I have no idea how you could do anything more than supply the deed to your home and show proof that you weren't even living at the residence when this occurred. How is this not illegal? I don't understand how they are not regulated in any way. Their Terms of Service are seriously unreal.