NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! Thread: PayPal CLAIMS to fight chargebacks, but read this... -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: PayPal CLAIMS to fight chargebacks, but read this...
sorethumbgames
New User

PayPal CLAIMS to fight chargebacks, but read this...
Sent: 12-05-2008 05:46

sorethumbgames, I have a massive horror story- I run a website which is completley self funded. I use a dropship company and have to use paypal as my e-commerce platform only supports this.
I make a small amount of profit on each deal- and therefore every penny is crucial to running the business. I got a chargeback for over 300.00 paypal said that they could not unfreeze this money- it was not my money but 3 other customers money which was sitting in my pay pal account. I could not buy their products from my suppliers becasue paypal froze this money- on top of that I had to refund them out of my own money and lost important reputatation- this was of 50 days ago I've still not recieved any feedback. This person recieved an item I tracked it through royal mail. Paypal's customer service is a facarde, it a con they have no real power over the credit cards, my business is now shutting down and my reputation is in tatters. How can paypal refund that!!! DO NOT USE PAYPAL EVER!!!

CLICK HERE FOR THE BEST PAYPAL ALTERNATIVE

scott319
New User

Sent: 12-03-2008 03:05

ColdSunshine, I have been on both sides as buyer and seller. Their safe transaction guarantee is a big lie. This is only two of my experiences. I sold a phone for $100 which was paid through pay pal. Over 30 days later pay pal took the money back. They said it was fraudlent funds and my dispute was decided I accepted payment and shipped the item it was my fault. Then I purchased a phone advertised as working which did not work when recieved and turned out to have water damage. They said it was my fault for buying used electronics. I think everyone taken by pay pal should get a class action lawsuit against pay pal and ebay since they push pay pal.

geoff_reeves
New User

Sent: 11-16-2008 04:53

ColdSunshine,

Its written in the user agreement ?? Oh thats good....The UA is over 100,000 words long !! plus links to other legalities and clauses.....you expect everyone to read it? Please do not say read the relevent bits either,as how does a new memeber know whats relevent and whats not.

ColdSunshine
New User

Sent: 11-13-2008 13:27

Quote:
HI my name is helene as you can see on my email addres I am a PayPal employee.
I went on this website by curiosity to have a look and I am amazed about how people can talk about things they do really know.
I work on buyers complaints myself, I know our system is not 100 % perfect but how is?
When someone open a complaint we make an investigation on both side and do our best to get a refund from bad seller but sometimes it is just impossible to recover it because we can just simply travel to that person house and say listen give us our money back this is the web buyer know that risk and IT IS WRITEN IN OUR USER AGREEMENT.

What about a bad buyer? In my case, it's a bad buyer and we all know PayPal always sides with the buyer. I'm about to be out of $100 I don't have and my merchandise because of an unfair complaint filed by a buyer against me when in my auction, it CLEARLY spelled out the condition.

ColdSunshine
New User

Sent: 11-13-2008 13:24

<helene oba>,

If that's the case, then why does PayPal ALWAYS side with the bidder? The woman I'm fighting with has requested to get her money back from me on an item not as described complaint. PayPal always sides with the bidder, so I'm about to be out of my item AND the money she paid me on it.

How the heck is that fair? If you really investigated, then you'd find that the buyer is not always right. In my case, the item's description was accurate and yet when she got the item, she expected it to be brand new and flawless even though I clearly spelled out in my auction that this was not the case. She opens a complaint, PayPal debits my account nearly $100 and I'm about to be out both the money and the phone when PayPal finishes investigating "Before December 10th." Meanwhile, I can't use my payPal account because I sure as heck don't have the extra money to bring it up to 0 balance.

bayside1
New User

Sent: 10-27-2008 19:49

PayPal gets charged $100.00 to fight a chargeback and will only spend the money when they think they can win. One of the big problems using Paypal is that you have no idea who the credit card company is and cannot talk with them directly. How much was the original sale for? If it was for $1200.00 the credit card company has every right to grab their money back after 3 months. (it's all in the small print) Had you agreed to the $500.00 you'd still have the balance of $700.00. Is this fair? NO but this is the way it works. When a buyer or seller files a dispute with PayPal your terms go out the window. So, as is where is is no longer valid. The credit card companies don't give a crap about you. According to them and PayPal us sellers have to assume a certain amount of risk and be aware that this stuff happens. So much for working hard for your money just to piss it away. There is a lot of risk in buying a used freezer and the buyer put his faith in yours that it was good. How would you feel if you were in his shoes? I just spent the last two months arguing my case with PayPal over $1600.00. I prevailed today because I had the documentation to back up my charges.
In your case the Credit Card company should have deducted the $500.00 after they reviewed a 3rd party quote for repair and validated the claim. Taking their money back and leaving you without a broken freezer sounds a bit cold!
As long as the freezer is actually broke your screwed unless you can prove otherwise. If you could prove that the buyer did something to break it then you have a case to appeal. Always appeal a PayPal decision. If you loose do it again and again. Do not let up with them. It's a game to see how persistent you can be while still maintaining your good nature.
If it is a credit card chargeback and not a PayPal claim ask to speak with PayPal's Legal dept. ask them where you can send a copy of a complaint along with a police report. State that since they will not give you the credit card companies info you will subpoena them for the info. That gets their attention. But be nice about it!!!!! You'll need a police report for this so make sure you do not file any false info!!!!!!!!!!

PayDONTpal
New User

Sent: 10-26-2008 14:58

Glad that's cleared up...sorry I didn't take 5 hours to read the EULA, I do have an "illegal" business to attend to. And why would I want to do business with paypal again? THEY SUCK!<br>Thanks for your answers though, I really wanted all of that cleared up.

UALLRIDIOTS
New User

Sent: 10-24-2008 23:54

Quote:
I sold a used 8' flip top freezer in May to a buyer in New Jersey. They even called me and said it was working fine. It was sold as is / where is. In August the buyer informed me that the freezer compressor was gone and he wanted $500 to fix it. I explained the as is /where is part of the purchase and the buyer hung up the phone. In a few days paypal put a charge of over $1,200 against my paypal account. I went through the process of sending paypal all the paperwork of the sale , the truckers' copy of the freezer delivery with buyer's signature, along with other paperwork . In the end paypal sided with the credit card company and said there was nothing they could do and they told me to pay the amount (I had disconnected my bank account ). I informed [paypal that they had a lot of nerve okaying the credit card company's refunding the buyer's money when the buyer had not returned my freezer. I informed them that they were complicit in the felony of taking my money and goods along with the credit card company and the buyer. They threaten to put collection claims against me . I have the case ready to file against paypal for $10,000,000 . They are going to screw with my credit rating and then they will have stepped into the trap . Paypal and ebay are scum sucking bottom feeders . I am talking to an assistant New York State Attorney General . It is becoming interesting. Oh, I also am discontinuing using ebay even though I made many sales of equipment on ebay.
Unfortunately, PayPal has to play by the credit card company's rules. If the CC company sides with their customer you'll have to take it up with their customer.

nyminuteman
New User

Sent: 10-21-2008 16:45

I sold a used 8' flip top freezer in May to a buyer in New Jersey. They even called me and said it was working fine. It was sold as is / where is. In August the buyer informed me that the freezer compressor was gone and he wanted $500 to fix it. I explained the as is /where is part of the purchase and the buyer hung up the phone. In a few days paypal put a charge of over $1,200 against my paypal account. I went through the process of sending paypal all the paperwork of the sale , the truckers' copy of the freezer delivery with buyer's signature, along with other paperwork . In the end paypal sided with the credit card company and said there was nothing they could do and they told me to pay the amount (I had disconnected my bank account ). I informed [paypal that they had a lot of nerve okaying the credit card company's refunding the buyer's money when the buyer had not returned my freezer. I informed them that they were complicit in the felony of taking my money and goods along with the credit card company and the buyer. They threaten to put collection claims against me . I have the case ready to file against paypal for $10,000,000 . They are going to screw with my credit rating and then they will have stepped into the trap . Paypal and ebay are scum sucking bottom feeders . I am talking to an assistant New York State Attorney General . It is becoming interesting. Oh, I also am discontinuing using ebay even though I made many sales of equipment on ebay.

UALLRIDIOTS
New User

Sent: 10-17-2008 10:44

rexorr,
So what is the other half of this story, what did PayPal tell you as their reasoning for not returning the money to you? Did you ship the item to an address that PayPal didn't provide you?

UALLRIDIOTS
New User

Sent: 10-17-2008 10:37

gogoguy,

Okay, so let's say hypothetically you opened a PayPal account and your under the age of 18...Wait, wait, wait...let me back up...let's say you illegally opened up a PayPal account because you're under the age of 18. PayPal can hold your money for up to 6 months or until you turn 18, whichever comes first. Just a short exerpt from the User Agreement for you:

2. Eligibility and Types of Accounts.
2.1 Eligibility. To be eligible for our Services, you must be at least 18 years old and a resident of the United States or one of the countries listed on the PayPal WorldWide page. This Agreement applies only to Users who are residents of the United States. If you are a resident of another country, you may access your agreement from our website in your country (if applicable).

The great part about this is because you chose not to read, or don't know how, you will likely never be allowed to use PayPal or eBay again unless you make amends with this 500 "chargeback."

gogoguy
New User

Sent: 10-14-2008 14:58

Quote:
Question,

Say I'm under the age of 18, lets throw 14 out there. And I have a paypal account verified through my bank (which I have a co-appliant with of legal age). I sell things on e-Bay I buy at thrift stores and yard sales etc...say i sent a buyer the wrong..thing whether it be a box of wood scraps or a flawed item not described in the listing...and they files a claim/dispute with paypal and whatnot

If paypal did a "chargeback" of say 500 dollars...do they have the right to overdraft the bank account. And say I unlinked my bank beforehand...and there was a charge back...what would happen...since paypal is not a bank, and I am not of age (able to enter a legal binding contract) then would I be off the hook...I don't have a credit file so they can't come after me with collectors. Will they when I'm 18?

Answers PLEASE!

They can't damage your credit because Pay Pal doesn't meet the proper requirements to damage your credit. However if they sell your case to a collection agency the collection agency can damage your credit if and only if they have your social security number and you were of legal age to sign and agree to a contract at the time of the dispute. So in essence you are off the hook for the most part. Also you should consider contacting a lawyer in regards to them taking money from your bank account. Thats illegal unless you authorized it; no matter what their contract says, you have to authorize every transaction in which Pay Pal is given access to your bank account.

PayDONTpal
New User

below 18...Chargeback dispute
Sent: 10-11-2008 10:30

Question,

Say I'm under the age of 18, lets throw 14 out there. And I have a paypal account verified through my bank (which I have a co-appliant with of legal age). I sell things on e-Bay I buy at thrift stores and yard sales etc...say i sent a buyer the wrong..thing whether it be a box of wood scraps or a flawed item not described in the listing...and they files a claim/dispute with paypal and whatnot

If paypal did a "chargeback" of say 500 dollars...do they have the right to overdraft the bank account. And say I unlinked my bank beforehand...and there was a charge back...what would happen...since paypal is not a bank, and I am not of age (able to enter a legal binding contract) then would I be off the hook...I don't have a credit file so they can't come after me with collectors. Will they when I'm 18?

Answers PLEASE!

lolafish
New User

Sent: 09-17-2008 13:53

I started a paypal account to sell an item, and after the item was given to the buyer, they immediately used chargeback. Instead of giving all the money back to the buyer, I apparently owe paypal $23 dollars because they took their fee or changed the currency from dollars to pounds. I don't have a bank account connected to the account and I don't plan on having one. There is no way i should have to pay the $23 dollars after losing the item and not being able to refund the buyer because Paypal took $23 dollars to convert virtual currency. What can i do?

KevinG
Big BOSS

Sent: 08-08-2008 10:55

Quote:
<VIcky>, The sellers have it made. All you have to do to get your money back is (this is kind of sorry but...) open an account, sell a few items and ship them out perfect to get good feedback, sell a few more items, withdraw the money after they make the transaction, dont mail the items, and walk away from the account. I know this is shitty but this is what its going to take to stop paypal. And then you have the buyers money and your items you were selling
And of course buyers can't just buy an item, claim it never arrived and get their money back can they ?

Paypal sucks for both buyers and sellers if the other party knows how to work the system.

1 - 15  16 - 30   31 - 45   46 - 60   61 - 75  Next

Statistics

Currently Online: 5 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102969
This page was built together in: 1.1126 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative