NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! Thread: PayPal will no longer allow it's users to opt out of CC funding -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: PayPal will no longer allow it's users to opt out of CC funding
the_simurgh
New User

PayPal will no longer allow it's users to opt out of CC funding
Sent: 03-13-2007 00:49

<pissed@paypa>,
2,000 dollar x-box BOX.
this kid wins an auction he thinks is for an x-box. turns out some **** put up an empty x-box box and sues them. they lose 200,000 bucks. they don't like to tell you this but they are basically bound by your states laws too.

<PayPalsuxbig>
Not Registered

Sent: 03-13-2006 04:45

kst03,
Hello kst03, as a buyer, it is OK for you to use Paypal, as a merchant we are stuffed! Unfortunately not all buyers are honest like yourself, have you heard of Nigeria and Indonesia? (sorry not a racist comment, just a fact we deal with every day as a merchant) Paypal has pretty much ripped our little business off around USD3500 at least since last year! The really annoying thing is that, if I send customers goods from Australia neither the buyer or us can afford to fork out huge big postage fees that is trackable online (some thing like AUD50 at a minimum). However, Paypal actually reversed a transaction on us for USD500 even when we gave them at tracking number. The tracking number pretty much said that the parcel has been received. However she/he (the crook) claims the items were not received, and I still lost my money, my goods, and my postage fees! I hate Paypal so much I celebrate the day I see them crumble! I then just left that paypal as they froze it (not enough fund to cover the reversal) and since I am an Australian user I could not fund the paypal account, obviously, as paypal had no funding options back then for Australia users. So during that time buyers could not pay me, and we could not pay people to get stock moving. I later on stupidly created another paypal account just to send monies to my suppliers, and listed things on ebay (and my paypal email addres automatically got defaulted into the payments option whilst listing) so I just thought yeah OK. Today I received an email (after 3 months or something) from paypal saying that they find my current account is linked to the previous one I left (with a deficit amount) and also saying that my new account has now been frozen too (the bastards!) so no please explain, may we ask you... any thing! Just FREEZE F**k*R! and frozen, we now are! I cannot beleive their goal. You should have seen the last email I sent to them (oh yeah the first email didnt have a please do not reply ... message so I emailed to that one and got a mesage from a "please do not reply email address" saying: to assist you quicker and more efficient please log on to your account and click the help button and so on...) All I want to do is click their ears off! How dare they? I mean, the two accounts OK admittedly were both mine (the first one I had to abandon) and the second one (that is now frozen) but they were in different names the first one was in my name with a CC attached to my name, the second one was in my business name and credit card in my name. I HATE PAYPAL I WISH TO SEE THEM BANKRUPT SOOO SOON ITS MY LIFE LONG DREAM! USD3500 to be ripped off is certainly not worth it not to mention the stress of a frozen account. I now use our own merchant account and its great, we do get chargebacks now and then but at least we DO NOT GET OUR ACCOUNT FROZEN AND BUSINESS STOPPED while Paypal is out playing God!

<PayPalTerminator>
Not Registered

Sent: 02-26-2006 06:46

PaypalSucks,

There's another thing that no one has noticed. PayPal's so called address verification is a scam. They don't verify any confirmed addresses whatsoever. The number of times I get so called PayPal confirmed addresses with streets spelled wrong, cities incorrectly spelled. And today I got a PayPal payment with just the persons house number. No street name whatsoever and PayPal stated it was a confirmed address.

So seller's watch out! My advise is don't ship anything out for at least 3 business days. Evern though PayPal gives you a confirmed address, within 3 business days, if the PayPal is flagged for fraud usage, the seller gets notified on the 3rd business day. So don't be PayPal's victim and ship a product out once you get the funds, wait 3 business days to ship a product out. And dont care what the bidder emails you with, they dont care about anything else except the product.

<fynona>
Not Registered

Sent: 02-18-2006 21:39

<scott lane>, most credit cards let you disagree with a purchase ... that is, to say you did not authorize it, and it could be reversed. If there is a charge from PayPal on your credit card, try calling the credit card company and tell them you don't recognize that payment and did not authorize it.

xppman
Big BOSS

Sent: 01-31-2006 06:29

<oheidio>,
We are already numbers and I know what you mean.

<oheidio>
Not Registered

Sent: 01-29-2006 22:30

Interesting observation, I'm 55. When I was just a teen, credit cards had just become popular. I told my Dad one night while we were talking about them being used and money becoming obsolete, I wondered what the possibilty was that one would be ever assigned with a '666' number.

xppman
Big BOSS

Sent: 01-28-2006 15:08

<epaypal>,

If it specifies that if the PayPal logo is shown on a sellers site they cannot refuse to except a credit cards then don't refuse to except a credit cards. Your going to be charged a fee either way by PP
so let them have to pay a "charge" to their merchant provider.

That is one of their biggest fears and is being realized.
They are paying fees too and would rather you have customers pay via bank or eCheck. but their agreement does NOT allow them to make that mandatory while flying CC logos.

PS don't mind the rants of my impostor buddy.
They actually work for PP who is trying desperately to
STOP all of us from getting to the truth and real resolution
to the ongoing problems.

<epaypal>
Not Registered

Sent: 01-28-2006 09:46

PaypalSucks,
Also wanted to add according to the Paypal TOS,it specifies that if the paypal logo is shown on a sellers site they cannot refuse to except a credit card,a seller may not place text to clearly disclose they do not except credit cards,as a form of payment when payment is being used by paypal.
Also a policy problem with both ebay,and paypal,is that first ebay encourages sellers to increase their bids on their items by offerring the items for sell internationally,paypal excepts these credit card international payments without the buyer being Godly U.S verified,(even if the seller requires the buyer to be verified prior to bidding on a paypal auction listing)a seller does not have any seller protection in most foreign countries.
In the event a chargeback is done,if the seller no longer has the monies in their paypal account then the account goes $- whatever amount of the chargeback,it does not state pending further review,paypal just automatically holds the money in escrow.
any commitments a seller may have including payment for other purchases requires the seller to fund their chargeback amount first,in addition to the payment amount.
My problem is that I used the ebay,paypal shipping option for my sells.
The buyer did a chargeback,2 weeks after shipment for undelivered goods,(international transaction required up to 6 weeks for delivery)my account went negative.
I showed paypal that I honored my obligation under contract,immediatly showing proof of shipping label,through the paypal site,having a courier pickup information,including proof of tracking information in which shows that it was scanned at the U.S.P.S station and still enroute being delivered.
Yet 3 weeks later they are still reviewing the case,how much proof do they need that the item is in the care of the shipper,not the seller.
I contacted the buyer,their response clearly stated they believed that I shipped the item,and that I was neither a lier or thief,but they had not received the item as of that date,stating that the complaint was for the shipping of the item not being delivered.
I fail to see any association to me as to the party to be at fault.
Nevertheless if I were to win this dispute,paypal will charge me the $10.00 fee because as a seller I am not protected because the buyer was not U.S. verified.
The only reason was because paypal did not require the buyer to become U.S verified prior to making payment via credit card.
Dispite the item only being $200.00 purchase,I will spend 1000x the amount for retribution,from all parties associated,if paypal attempts to charge me the $10.00 fee I will not take it laying down,they can spend their billions to fight me,but being able to have an enormouse appeals processes,which in self representation gives one a unique oppourtunity to wage a personnel war,that will ultimatly make them think,next time around,as such is not very good pr.
I noticed a comment earlier about politicians ignoring these problems,all one has to do is look back at the anti-trust case with Microsoft,you can then get an idea as to the governments stance,after all once congress was assured from Microsoft that the schools would be getting hugely discounted softwares,then sush hush,isnt it hunkydorey!

<Greg Jackson>
Not Registered

Sent: 01-23-2006 17:58

<rache>,
As much as I agree with your sentiments, I'm afraid a strictly emotional appeal, especially one that the majority of the people on this site cannot relate to, just won't cut it. Build that into a strong rational appeal based on proof (and not just one or two people getting rich or even doing good business), and you've got yourself a good argument.

xppman
Big BOSS

Sent: 01-23-2006 07:35

<rache>,
I agree it shouldn't be taken away... IT SHOULD BE REGULATED LIKE A BANK.

And if ebay the "parent company" don't get off their A$$ and do it then yes.
It Should BE TAKEN AWAY.

<rache>
Not Registered

Sent: 01-22-2006 16:16

ebay and paypal have enabled everyday lower and middle class people to earn some extra cash when working 60 hours a week for just living ...it shouldnt be taken away , it should be awarded

<Loserman>
Not Registered

Sent: 01-06-2006 15:08

Yes, all signs indicate that Paypal is run by a bunch of immoral eaters of scat clearly focused on sponging up the cash irrespective of who they screw.

xppman
Big BOSS

Sent: 01-06-2006 09:53

Sundance,
Well said Sun. Well said.

Sundance
Big BOSS

Sent: 01-03-2006 07:52

Those who have Not Learned by Experience, are Doomed to Repeat History!

It's not a matter of simply wanting to believe something. My views are based on not only my own experience, but also the experience of those Countless Sellers, who have been brave enough to come forward. Not everyone who has been wronged by eBay and Paypal, has spoke out. I wish they would, because it would certainly "Call Down the Thunder", if they did! There is an Embarrassment that comes with getting conned and screwed over. Some are not willing to expose their own vulnerabilities when it comes to being taken for the Ultimate Ride. IMO, others have felt Powerless by the Deep Pockets and Exorbitant Wealth of eBay's Company's, to confront them or take their issues to the many boards across the Internet, dealing with eBay and Paypal's UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES. Fear is a Powerful Tool, and eBay excels at using it!

Those who are running into debt on eBay, via their fee's, with low sell through adding to their misery, are told to LIST MORE. You can't sell what you don't list. Just Keep Listing, Listing, Listing! Who do you suppose are the ones advising the scores of failing sellers to continue to dig themselves into a hole, that they won't be able to climb out of??? eBay themselves are responsible for Seeding Their Own Boards with this variety of poster. Lieworld is contracted to change the direction on the boards, of content and seller attitude. They use many tactics to achieve this. You can ask all the questions that you want on the boards of eBay and you will NEVER GET THE TRUTH. Spinners will show up to change the context and dispute allegations, if they can't run the Seller Off who has brought up the topic, by Assaulting and Abusing them, they will sanction them from the boards for their Tenacity. Problem Solved for eBay!

eBay's Mission is to KEEP THE SELLER SELLING, thus Making More Money in Fee's. What's wrong, is the avenue they use, to achieve this goal. Not by truth and good business practices, but by lying to the Sellers. eBay is a Fabulous Place to Sell and Sellers are Protected by using Paypal??? Dream Weavers Abound on eBay's Site! History is a Wonderful Thing because you learn about what has happened and then the outcome of that particular place in time. The Downfalls of Tyrannical Emperors, Kings, Czars and CEO'S!!!

Those who are so HOOKED into the EBAY DREAM for Success and Riches, soon find out that they are living a NIGHTMARE!

You would have to have been around, in the beginning and in those early years of eBay, to see the Stark Difference in the Agenda. How it began and how this drama is unfolding. Believe me, I have looked at the BIG PICTURE. It's quite easy to compare what eBay started out like and what they have become. It's enough to Turn Your Stomach!

It still amazes me how they are able to get away with doing business in this manner. The Golden Street of eBay is Paved with Financial Ruination, Pain, and Growing Mistrust. We can only hope that the Mistrust in using either eBay or Paypal, grows to such Monumental Proportions, that it puts them "OUT OF BUSINESS" entirely!

Sundance

<Greg Jackson>
Not Registered

Sent: 12-30-2005 11:23

xppman,
Okay, millions definitely was an overestimation. I'll concede that much.

1 - 15  16 - 30   31 - 45   46 - 60   61 - 75  Next

Statistics

Currently Online: 7 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102967
This page was built together in: 0.5901 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software