NoPaypal
You are not logged in! [ LOGIN ] or [ REGISTER ]
NoPaypal Horror Stories: PayPal Did it! Thread: PayPal down due to "maintenance." Yea, right! -- Page 1 | Jump To: 

Sender Message
Thread: PayPal down due to "maintenance." Yea, right!
<Kip>
Not Registered

PayPal down due to "maintenance." Yea, right!
Sent: 12-08-2005 08:19

Quote:
Quote:Maintanance? I also thought this was the explanation at first, but it's been going on all weekend. A serious computer malfuncion at a bank? Is this in fact what has happened? A disturbing reliablitity issue. Paypal is becoming a second rate outfit, if it is hasn't already done so.If you are grossing $7,000 a month why are you using paypal? Get a real merchant account. Less fees if your processing that much!

<Zer0cool>
Not Registered

Sent: 05-13-2005 02:03

<Jim thompson>, yeah its stupid paypal holds UR money hostage but wont tell u why or any details about why they hold the money paypal is so lame.

<Jim thompson>
Not Registered

Sent: 05-13-2005 00:06

Paypal is up to something froze my account do to size of sale 1900.00 said they had to check for fraud. But cant tell me any details, bull,it is not their money they are only handling it. trying to refund has taken 4 days still in my account. My customer is just wiring the money to my account. I dont need paypal, I chose to use them ,NOW I chose to have them shove it .

PaypalSucks
Administrator

Sent: 02-12-2005 01:30

Quote:
would closing my paypal account finish it for good? like they have no contact with my bank account/credit card so after i close my paypal account they have no way of screwing me over right? or should i close bank/creditcard?
No, you should close your bank accounts and cards you have registered with paypal. if someone hacks into that account, paypal will hold YOU liable for money's taken.

<DatMan>
Not Registered

Sent: 02-12-2005 01:00

would closing my paypal account finish it for good? like they have no contact with my bank account/credit card so after i close my paypal account they have no way of screwing me over right? or should i close bank/creditcard?

<benzie1030>
Not Registered

Sent: 01-14-2005 00:44

I tried to buy some music off of iTunes with my payPal $$$ and I the site was down until 2am PST.

Quote:
Traffic here is big again, lots of people reporting trouble. So I tried to get to the paypal site and first several times, just nothing. Finally after many tries I got a home page, but then as soon as I clicked on anything, I got:

The PayPal website is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance.
It will be available again at approximately 11:30 AM PDT.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

-----
"Maintenance?" PayPal doesn't even know the meaning of the word! "Maintenance" is what you do BEFORE you have a problem, not after!

<Guest>
Not Registered

Sent: 01-09-2005 13:53

PaypalSucks,
Great reply to that *iditiot*, indeed.

PaypalSucks
Administrator

Sent: 12-07-2004 10:10

Quote:
why don't you contact them directly? why take these idiots' advice?
We don't allow name calling here. You are new here. You have posted 2 times and probably read one thread. Before you start attacking people you don't even know, nor now about, you need to educate yourself.

I'll point out a few things:

1. A Federal Judge also found PayPal's ToS unconscionable. Is he an idiot too? (see http://www.paypalsucks.com/forums/showthread.php?fid=3&tid=4622)

2. PayPal has agreed to settle the class action lawsuit for $9.1million dollars. You don't settle if you aren't doing something wrong. The primary failing of PayPal was violating the EFTA. The ONLY reason this settlement wasn't multimillion dollars was that your congress critters capped the limit of damages. If not for the protection of the federal government, PayPal would have felt a sting far, far worse.

3. PayPal has paid several state agencies hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines for abusing their customers.

4. PayPal has paid Mastercard hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines due to excessive chargebacks. People don't put that many chargebacks in unless you are doing something wrong.

Watch your karma. Coming to a place where people are venting their problems, and then calling them idiots is bound to put you in a place you wish you never were.

<monopolizer>
Not Registered

Sent: 12-07-2004 08:17

<Barbara J>, i think you are the true idiot and the one with no life barbara. you have taken the time out to respond to many posts of which you keep calling the poster an idior or a loser. If you truely dont believe what you are reading then why dont you just leave.

most people like you don't believe anything someone tells them anyhow until it happens to them why if i had your paypal e-mail address right now i could simply send you 100.00 bucks write something in the comments and have your account locked for 6 months and paypal will not want to hear anything you have to say.

i am almost certain that you are an employee of payscam/feebay. get a clue why do you think payscam settled in a classaction lawsuit against them?

<Barbara J>
Not Registered

Sent: 12-07-2004 05:51

exactly, take responsibility for your own actions

<Barbara J>
Not Registered

Sent: 12-07-2004 05:45

why don't you contact them directly? why take these idiots' advice?

<Barbara J>
Not Registered

Sent: 12-07-2004 05:44

You are all insane. You basically believe it is a conspiracy - PayPal against you. Get a life!

RobertD
Big BOSS

Sent: 12-04-2004 16:01

Quote:
I don't understand why all of you people hate paypal so much. It is just like any other company out there in this world today. Everyone has to charge certain fees to keep the company up a float, and everyone has rules and obligations that the user and or customer have to follow. Why can't you all understand this. Paypal never charges me fees when I do a transaction (except for receiving credit card payments). There are a lot of you just making stuff up so that you can feel as though you are in the right, but you're really very wrong. If you don't like the way PayPal runs the program, get the hell off! If you think PayPal is bad, start sending checks through snailmail, and I bet you'll be right back using PayPal. In conclusion, GET OVER IT YOU PAYPAL HATERS!!
If you don't like the way PayPal runs the program, get the hell off!

I regret to inform you that many of us DID at one point like PayPal. PayPal made us get the hell off. Also, it is unethical to slip in ambiguous wording into contracts, and then use them to your benefit -- Especially if your a company. All companies have an obligation to make sure they operate in conjunction with business ethics and laws.

I also regret to inform you, that you might even be non-eligible for PayPal's service if you don't have a line of credit, or a decent credit rating or lower.

I suggest you read the User Agreement before posting here...

<Kelby>
Not Registered

Get Over It All You PayPal Haters!!
Sent: 12-04-2004 14:02

I don't understand why all of you people hate paypal so much. It is just like any other company out there in this world today. Everyone has to charge certain fees to keep the company up a float, and everyone has rules and obligations that the user and or customer have to follow. Why can't you all understand this. Paypal never charges me fees when I do a transaction (except for receiving credit card payments). There are a lot of you just making stuff up so that you can feel as though you are in the right, but you're really very wrong. If you don't like the way PayPal runs the program, get the hell off! If you think PayPal is bad, start sending checks through snailmail, and I bet you'll be right back using PayPal. In conclusion, GET OVER IT YOU PAYPAL HATERS!!

Microbus
New User

Sent: 11-22-2004 14:45

SO it's some weeks after this thread was started and Paypal in it's infinitely benevolent character has decided to refund us for fees incurred on this day that the service was down. EXCUSE ME? THE SERVICE WAS DOWN, THERE WERE NO FEES INCURRED FOR THIS REASON!!! I was not able to process ANY transaction on this day, so you are refunding me for what I couldn't do in the first place?? THANKS FOR NOTHING, you sack of weasels.

1 - 15  16 - 30   31 - 45   46 - 60   61 - 75  Next

Statistics

Currently Online: 6 Guests Most ever: 152
Total number of messages: 78437
Total number of topics: 31645
Total number of registered users: 102968
This page was built together in: 0.4587 seconds

Make Your Own Website

Credit Card Processing

New PayPal Forums

PayPal Alternative

Free Shopping Cart Software